A good internet connection is a must to run any application smoothly. The same is required to run QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and other versions. While using online QuickBooks services like updating bank accounts and downloading transactions, users require a stable internet connection. Any issue related to the browser and firewall leads to QuickBooks error 404. In most cases, an incorrect Windows registry can also trigger the error. This blog will give you complete insights on error 404 in QuickBooks, so stay connected to the end.
Still dealing with QuickBooks error 404? Don’t worry. Get immediate and effective guidance from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Factors leading to QuickBooks error code 404
Below are some most common causes of QuickBooks 404 page not found error:
- The Internet connection is not set up correctly.
- The date and time settings on the system are not correct, which leads to browsing issues.
- Third-party applications installed on the workstation also interrupt QuickBooks.
Implement the solutions given in the troubleshooting section to fix error 404 forever.
You May Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks error 1327
Fixing QuickBooks update error 404 with Different Methods
Method 1. Reset the Internet Connection settings to fix error 404
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application, open Internet Explorer and try to open a website to check the internet connection.
- If you can’t access the website, view the internet connection and troubleshoot the issue.
- If the website opens, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Help menu.
- Select Internet Connection Setup, go to the Internet Connection settings and click the Use my Computer’s Internet option.
- Select Next and click Done.
Method 2. Make changes to Firewall and Antivirus settings
- Click the Windows Start button, type Firewall in the search field and select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Now, check the firewall and remove QuickBooks from the list of blocked applications.
- If it doesn’t help, open anti-virus application and remove QuickBooks from the block list.
Method 3. Clean Junk Files and run the browser in incognito mode
- Open the browser you use to access QuickBooks Online and go to settings.
- Within the browser, look for cache and cookies, then close the browser.
- Close the browser, right-click it and choose the Private or Incognito mode.
- Now, open QuickBooks Online and check if error 404 is fixed.
Method 4. Run the Rebuild Data Tool to fix the damage file issue
- In QuickBooks, select the File menu and choose the Utilities option.
- Click Rebuild Data, go to the QuickBooks Information window and select OK.
- Follow the prompt steps and wait till the tool repairs the damaged file. When the Rebuild Data tool completes, click OK and go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities, select Verify Data and let it check for further damage issues.
We are now concluding our blog on QuickBooks error 404. We are hopeful that the solutions provided here will help you eliminate the issue from the root. If the issue continues or doesn’t fix, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read: How to resolve Unable to Start Intuit Update Service