QuickBooks provides efficient bookkeeping services that help users to grow and expand their businesses profitably. The payroll service provided by the software streamlines tax calculations and also assists with the distribution of employee wages. But the service updates can sometimes get blocked by QuickBooks error 15225 due to technical glitches in the software. If this error troubles you while downloading the payroll updates, continue reading this blog to find the reasons its reasons and easy ways to resolve the error.
Get professional help with troubleshooting by contacting a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784.
You run into this payroll update error in QuickBooks due to the conditions listed below-
- Your QuickBooks isn’t updated to the latest released version, which causes compatibility issues running on Windows.
- QuickBooks installation on your PC was faulty, and the software has developed some internal glitches.
- QuickBooks fails to verify the digital signatures of the files in the update package.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks data Migration services
You need to apply the following methods to counter this payroll error in QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Download the newest updates for QuickBooks and Windows
This payroll error results from compatibility issues that emerge due to outdated versions of QuickBooks or Windows on your PC. QuickBooks integrates with Windows applications to perform its functions and uses web services for an internet connection during the payroll update. QuickBooks might malfunction and generate this payroll error due to compatibility issues with Windows. You must update your QuickBooks Desktop using the steps below-
- Click the File menu in your QuickBooks and select Utilities.
- Choose Stop hosting multi-user access in the list to use the software in Single-user mode during the update.
- Click Help and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Update Now tab, unmark the payroll checkbox and tap the Reset Update option.
- Single-click Get Updates and wait until the updates are downloaded on your PC.
- Rerun QuickBooks after the download is complete and follow the instructions to install the updates.
After your QuickBooks is successfully updated, you must now download the Windows updates on your PC. Intuit always advises users to use QuickBooks on the latest Windows version for the best experience and prevention of issues. Download Windows updates using these steps-
- Go to the Windows Update menu using the search panel on the taskbar.
- Click Check for updates in the left side menu and wait until new updates are found for your Windows.
- Tap the Download and Install option to update your Windows.
- Open QuickBooks to download the payroll updates after the system reopens.
If you still face issues during the update, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Fix QuickBooks using the Install Diagnostic tool
This QuickBooks payroll issue can be rectified using the tool hub as shown below-
- Go to the Installation issues menu in your QB tool hub.
- Click Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and wait until it finishes.
- Rerun QuickBooks and update the payroll service.
The payroll update will be successfully downloaded and installed after applying these methods.
We are now at the end of this blog defining the reasons QuickBooks error 15225 blocks the payroll service update. We expect that you execute the methods given in the blog to rectify this error and update the payroll service without any issues.
If you run into any problems while applying the methods, contact a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784.
You May Read Also: How To Fix Payroll Renew subscription error