QuickBooks Error Code 12031 usually appears while updating QuickBooks Desktop and its features. Among the several errors that users experience while updating QuickBooks, QuickBooks service messages error 12031 comes under the 120XX series of errors category. For example, you might see this QB error while updating QuickBooks Desktop, Payroll, New Features, Maintenance Releases, and Accountant, and without proper troubleshooting instructions, it might be a difficult task to resolve QuickBooks Error 12031 while updating QuickBooks. In this article, we have mentioned effective solutions to help you to eliminate this error quickly, so stick to the end.
Sometimes simple troubleshooting doesn’t help; in such a situation, please call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our technical team.Error Code 12031
Quick Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 12031
There are various ways to eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 12031, including installing a digital signature certificate and running QuickBooks updates in windows safe mode, as explained in the steps mentioned below.
Solution 1: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
Let us look at this solution to fix the 12031 error QuickBooks. Installing the digital signature certificate verifies the system that it can trust the update process of QuickBooks.
- First, you must navigate to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks, and to find the QBW32.exe file, right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option and use the Digital Signature tab.
- Verify that Intuit is specified in the signature list and tap on Details.
- Once you are present on the Digital Signature Details window, select View Certificate.
- Now use the Certificate window to select the Install Certificate option and keep selecting Next until you see Finish.
- Press the Finish button and restart the PC.
- Lastly, Launch QuickBooks and try downloading the updates.
Also read this blog :- QuickBooks Error Code 16026
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Updates in Windows Safe Mode to Rectify the Error
The safe mode of the Windows operating system permits only certain programs to run in the background, so this is a great way to install QB updates successfully without the 12031 error QB., If the above solution does not work in your favor, we suggest the following this method.
- Hit the Windows + R keys on your keyboard, type msconfig, and press OK.
- Click on Enter on your keyboard to launch Windows System Configuration Window.
- Now go to the Boot tab, and then from under the Boot Options, unmark the Safe Boot option.
- Tap on Apply, hit OK to save changes, and restart your computer.
- This time the system will boot in safe mode and once the system is started in Safe Mode, try to run the payroll update once again.
QuickBooks Error Code 12031 is an error that is commonly encountered while working on the application, but you need to keep in mind that this error can be resolved effectively. This article is a perfect guide to this error, and if you follow the solutions mentioned in this article, you will be able to eliminate this error in no time. In case the error appears again, please call us at +1-855-738-0359 to get help from our technical team.
Recommended To Read:- adjust payroll liabilities in quickbooks online