A common issue known as QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100 manifests when network access is restricted. QuickBooks Error 6010 100 takes place if you have modified the QuickBooks installation process; then, the user needs to reinstall the application and try again. The error suggests that a firewall or anti-virus programme is preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the network. Thus, you may get such an error while reinstalling QuickBooks; besides, there are various other reasons as well that we have discussed below, along with their effective solutions.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can contact us at +1-855-738-0359 to get guidance from our support team.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100
QuickBooks 6010 100 is a hassle to experience, but knowing the causes behind its occurrence on the system will help you to troubleshoot it effectively.
- If Network Device files (.ND) are isolated from QuickBooks and its log files, a 6010 error will manifest (.TLG).
- A faulty QuickBooks installation is the cause of various QuickBooks errors, which include error 6010.
- QuickBooks not running with required admin permissions will also face this error.
- It becomes difficult to retrieve firm files when they aren’t saved on the server computer, which results in this error.
- Putting the cleaning projects in the PC framework can cause the 6010 error of QuickBooks.
- The system information petition association for the multi-client framework might be leading to 6010 100 errors.
Effective Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100
Now that you know the reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010, it is right time you start implementing all the troubleshooting methods one by one:
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can use the QuickBooks database server manager to eliminate f the QuickBooks error 6010-100; we have listed the steps involved in this method below:
- Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and once again scan the company file.
- Tap on Start, followed by All Programs, open QuickBooks and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select all the required Scan Folders and if you don’t find any folder, click on Add Folder.
- Besides, you may highlight the folder and tap on scan now.
- You must confirm that the QuickBooks company files have been found after starting the Scan option and seeing a heading that reads “QuickBooks company files found.”
- Afterward, again access the file and the QuickBooks icon, and sign in to the company file.
Solution 2: Repair the QuickBooks Company file
If the above method doesn’t help eliminate the error, try repairing the company file to get rid of the issue QuickBooks File Error 6010-100:
- Launch the folder in which you have saved your company file and search for the file with the extension. QBW.
- Right-click on the file, click on Copy, and now you have to paste this file on your Desktop.
- After that, access QuickBooks, which will direct you to the No Company Open Window.
- While performing this step, hold down the Control key and tap on the option “Open or restore an existing company’.
- Launch the company file to repair, look for the company file you have copied, open it, and go to the Desktop.
The recurring error known as QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100 can be permanently fixed. This post will show you how to fix this mistake, and if it happens again, you may contact our team of experts by calling +1-855-738-0359 for assistance.