Did you know that moving can cause stress in your family, and even worsen if there is a loss of a job or a family member? People are often overwhelmed by the emotional burden and the amount of effort required to move.
Moving without stress can seem impossible, but if we manage our lives well, and above all, in a professional way, we can avoid unnecessary stress. Also, if you are in Canada you may want to know how to ship furniture across Canada at a low cost.
Stay focused by following a plan
The organization is crucial to stress-free moves, especially for families. This is a good starting point for future planning.
- Iterate the daily tasks, who will do them, the material needed, and the contacts. Unforeseen things are bound to happen, so don’t give them more importance.
- Prepare for your trip weeks in advance by packing only what you need: books, decorations, souvenirs, clothing from another season, etc. Do not hesitate to ask for help if you are having trouble keeping up with everything. You might ask a friend to help pack your utensils or a child-sitter or professional moving company to do the same.
- Keep your eyes on the positive, if you feel discouraged. From decorating your house and making new relationships, to cleaning up and releasing ballast.
- Discover the future neighborhood. To relieve stress and to feel at ease in your new neighborhood, make a hole.
- To say goodbye to your house, organize symbolic family events. It is a way to show gratitude and best wishes to the next residents. Next, greet your new neighbors and share your hopes for the future. It’s always a good idea to get off to a great start.
- Invite your family and friends to join you once you have settled in. You can also invite family and friends to visit the house via video conference if they are unable to attend. This will create a stronger bond and make you feel more at home in your new home.
If you have a large mirror you should learn how to pack a mirror for moving without breaking it.
A journey for children
A move is difficult for children because it takes them away from their friends and familiar surroundings. To allow children to move without stress, parents should be motivated and optimistic to help them feel confident.
It is important to include them. Take them to see the house, show them photos, and listen to what they have to say about their room. Sorting, labeling, and caring for their belongings will be a benefit. Each child will feel secure and responsible by having a place to store the treasures they want.
It is a good idea to use the holidays for your children to move. While it’s fine to leave your child at school or nursery when he’s young, it is best to keep him there until he gets older. He will be more comfortable if he associates the new changes with the beginning of the course.
It is also easier to spend some time with your family or camp during summer, which will help you focus on the move.
Your furry friend can become anxious and afraid if he is not aware of what is going on. Give him a place to feel secure with his belongings. You should not wash your things these days as recognizing your scent will help you relax when you are unfamiliar with everything.
It is also recommended that you give your child access to the carrier to help him get used to it.
You can take him along with you to the transfer and then don’t leave him alone as experts say he may consider abandoning you.
Do not force the baby to leave the carrier upon arrival. You can leave it open in a safe place and let it explore whenever it wishes.
You should immediately place your items so that he knows where they are and you don’t take any “accidents”. He will soon regain his good manners after the nerves, disorientation, and urge to mark new territory passes.
These are three basic tips to help you move without stress
- As soon as possible, complete the paperwork. You can request permits, contract insurance, or services to modify documentation and reserve days.
- Always have what you need. You will need to have the necessities for the first few days.
- Order before you move… to have it delivered to you when you arrive at your new house. It will be a pleasure not to have to buy milk, detergent, or cleaning supplies for the first few days.
Also, don’t miss the chance to read and check other useful and interesting articles here.