QuickBooks is the best bookkeeping software available for small and medium-sized organizations. The software has easy-to-use features and an interactive user interface to help users execute precise business accounting. But, every software is prone to internal issues that can affect the efficiency of the output provided by the software. QuickBooks desktop not opening is a similar issue that users across the world vastly report. So, to assist them with the troubleshooting, we decided to create this blog that provides the primary causes of this error, and QB recommended methods to terminate it from the software. If you are suffering from a similar issue, keep reading to know more.
You can also fix this error with the troubleshooting directions provided by a QB support team at +1 855-948-3646.
Read some of the potential causes of this QuickBooks issue below-
- QuickBooks is completely blocked from executing its functions due to windows firewall restrictions or the unavailability of system resources required to run the software.
- Your company file may be suffering from damage which can cause issues when the software opens.
- QuickBooks files have been damaged or missing due to a defective software installation on your PC.
You may also like to read- How to resolve QuickBooks rebuilding data file stuck
These are the techniques that can be used to rectify this issue while opening QuickBooks Desktop-
Solution 1- Open the software in Admin mode and open a different company file
QuickBooks automatically open the company file when you run the software. You’ll be welcomed with the last opened company file as soon as the software starts. This can be a reason for the issue because a damaged company file can cause the software to generate problems while processing it and eventually fail to open. The software will also fail to run or crash suddenly if the Windows firewall restrictions block its background processes or it isn’t allotted the required system resources to run. You can prevent these issues by suppressing the QB Desktop and opening a different company file in Admin mode. Follow these steps-
- Type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel or open the QuickBooks folder using the file explorer.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
- Approach the Compatibility tab and select the Run this program as Administrator option.
- Click on Apply.
- Press the Ctrl key on your keyboard and open the software.
- Don’t release the key until you see the No company window or an error message.
- Select a different company file and open it.
Solution 2- Take the help of QuickBooks Tool hub to repair the software
It can be true that the software is affected by internal issues generated due to its damaged installation on your PC. You can fix the issues using the QuickBooks Tool hub, as mentioned in the steps given below-
- Run the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on the Program problems menu.
- Tap the Quick fix my program option in the drop-down list.
- Let the tool repair the issues in the software and then open QuickBooks Desktop.
The software will open, and you’ll be able to work on the software without any problems.
This blog explains why is your QuickBooks desktop not opening or crashing after some time it starts. You now know the countermeasures for this issue, which we hope you’ll apply to terminate this issue from your QuickBooks.
If you are still troubled by the issue, take professional by contacting a QB expert at +1 855-948-3646.
Read more- How to fix QuickBooks error 15243