The Chardham Yatra is one of the sacred pilgrimage tours in India consisting of 04 major pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. The Yatra offers spiritual solace to people seeking it and has a plethora of activities and sightseeing places for travellers. During Chardham Yatra 2023, you can take part in religious rituals like Satsang, attend aarti ceremonies, seek blessings of deities, holy dips in the sacred waters of the Yamuna and Ganga, and the list goes on. To add more to it, the scenic beauty of the majestic Himalayas enhances the Char Dham Yatra experience. To complete the Yatra and also visit each of the Chardham Temples, pilgrims have two options: Chardham Yatra by Helicopter and via Road with LIH Travel.
If you want to visit Chardham by road, you can use our Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar for grateful and accurate instruction of the Chardham roads.
Apart from the Chardham Yatra places and temples, it also offers various sightseeing places such as Vasundhara Falls, Mana Village, Kedartal, and more. Below is a list of things to do in Chardham Yatra and places to visit.
Things to do on Chardham Yatra-
1. Seek blessings at the Chardham Temples:
The first thing one must do with family is to visit the holy temples of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath and seek the blessings of the divine deities. Take part in the religious rituals and offer prayers with your family.
2. Don’t skip the aarti ceremonies:
One of the mesmerizing events during Chardham yatra is the aarti ceremonies. Plan your yatra accordingly to be a part of the mesmerizing aarti ceremonies that happen in the evening at the Chardham temples. Arti ceremony will offer a spiritual experience to you and your family that you will remember throughout life.
3. Cleanse your souls by taking a dip in the holy waters:
The holy rivers, Yamuna at Yamunotri and Ganga at Gangotri are sacred rivers of the country. It is said that taking a dip in the holy waters of the Yamuna and the Ganga, respectively cleanses the soul from past and present life sins.
4. Enjoy the scenic beauty:
The region of Chardham Yatra is one of the most beautiful places to be. The journey will take you through the stunning landscapes of the majestic Himalayas. While you trek Chardham Yatra 2023, you can enjoy the serene valleys, snow-covered Himalayan ranges, picturesque surroundings, and natural beauty with your family.
5. Explore Chardham Sightseeing:
Apart from Chardham Temples, there are many other attractions you can explore with your family. The area is packed with many stunning tourist attractions such as mana village, Hemkund Sahib, hot springs, and several stunning treks like the Valley of Flowers trek. You can take a break for one day during the yatra to explore nearby attractions.
6. Participate in religious activities:
One of the things people miss is taking part in religious activities during Yatra. To get the best Chardham yatra experience, take part in satsangs that are organized during Yatra. These sessions will teach you a lot about the significance of the pilgrimage, spirituality, and Hindu mythology. It can be great for spiritual growth and family discussions later.
7. Indulge in adventure activities:
If you and your family are someone who loves some adventure then this trip offers tons of activities like trekking and hiking. We all have heard about the trek to Kedarnath, which is popular among trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. This trek will let you connect with nature, test your physical capabilities, and offers a thrilling experience.
8. Chardham Sightseeing-
Chardham Yatra offers tons of activities around the region. Below are a few of the famous places to visit during Chardham Yatra 2023-
- Vasundhara Falls- One of Chardham’s places is Vasundhara Falls. It is located in Badrinath at a height of around 400 feet, the cascading waterfall adds a perfect backdrop for your pictures amid the scenic Himalayan. Its serene ambience, beauty, and unique belief that it fulfils wishes make it a must-visit destination.
- Mana Village- The last village of India, Mana Village is a popular Chardham sightseeing place to visit. Located at 3200 meters above sea level, it is the start of the Tibet border. March and Bhotias are two ethnic groups living in Mana. Bheema Pul in Mana is a popular place to visit there. According to legends, it was built by Bheem, one of the Pandavas.
- Kedartal- Kedartal is located near Kedarnath. It is a magnificent glacial lake amid majestic Himalayan peaks. The place is known for being a popular trekking destination and breathtaking views and offers you to connect with nature on the way to Kedarnath temple.
- Sahastradhara- Located near Dehradun, the starting point of Chardham yatra, it is a picturesque waterfall popular for its therapeutic properties. The lush greenery, caves and cascading water create a serene environment, making it a popular sightseeing place in the Chardham Yatra package.
So as we can see that there are so many things to do during the Chardham Yatra after seeking the blessings from the temples. So plan your Yatra with LIH and book the best package suitable for you.