QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are different variants provided by Intuit. You can choose to operate either of the applications depending on your business needs and preferences. QuickBooks also provides ease of data conversion if you wish to switch from one version to another. If you are planning to make a switch to QuickBooks Online, there are certain steps that you can perform. In this article, we will help you convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online in effective ways.
If you are having trouble understanding the conversion steps or are facing issues performing the same, you can contact us for immediate support assistance at 1.855.738.2784 .
Reasons Why You Should Convert to QuickBooks Online
Each QuickBooks variant has features that make them unique. You might want to switch from QuickBooks Desktop to Online for the following reasons –
- With QuickBooks Online, there is the ease of accessibility, and users can access the application at any time, from any corner of the world.
- QuickBooks Online stores business and accounting data in a cloud environment, which is much safer.
- Multiple number of users can access the QBO account, which is in restricted number in QuickBooks Desktop.
- The QB conversion process is fairly simple and doesn’t cost a penny.
- There a specific add-on features available in QuickBooks Online which is not present in QuickBooks Desktop.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157
Step-by-step Procedure to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online
If you are planning to move to QuickBooks Online, you need to perform the steps provided below –
- Firstly, check your file requirements and ensure that they are within 60 days of subscription; otherwise, you might need to get it extended by consulting a Pro Advisor.
- Finish all your outstanding tasks and delete the unwanted data before starting the QB conversion process.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your essential data by accessing the File menu and selecting the Backup Company option.
- Create a QBO account by creating a username and password and providing all your essential info. Once created, log out of the account and open QuickBooks Desktop to export data to QuickBooks Online.
- Make sure your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version, and if not, go to the Help menu and download the updates.
- From the QuickBooks Company menu, select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online and log in to the new QBO account.
- If you want to export your existing inventory, you should remember that QuickBooks Online values inventory using the FIFO method.
- Select the QuickBooks Online Company where you want to import the data from the drop-down menu and copy the data file.
- Once your data is ready, you will get an email confirmation asking you to complete the setup.
- Check if the data is exported properly and there is no accidental data loss or mismatch.
The steps provided above will easily help you convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online. If you are facing any issues while performing the conversion process, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QuickBooks technicians.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057