QuickBooks 6000 series errors are very common among regular QB users. One such error is QuickBooks error 6000 832, which occurs while accessing or working on the company file. This issue occurs in single-user and multi-user modes and can prevent users from running their company files. The error can arise due to a corrupted company file, among other possible reasons. If the QuickBooks error code 6000 832 occurs in your system, you can follow the solutions given in this article to address it.
You can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team in case you are unable to terminate the error code on your own.
What are the Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 832?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 832 can occur due to the following reasons –
- You are storing your QB company file on an external drive rather than a local storage location.
- The company file you are trying to access is either corrupted or stored at a different location.
- QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection between the host computer and workstations to run the multi-user mode.
- You are trying to open the company file while another user is accessing the same file in a single-user mode.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, which is affecting QuickBooks and preventing it from opening the company file.
You may read also : Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed
Practical Steps to Tackle QuickBooks Multi User Error 6000 832
Error 6000 832 opening the company file can be effectively eliminated by following the solutions provided below –
Step 1 – Copy the Company File to your Local Storage and Restore the Backup
If you are accessing the company file from an external location, you need to copy the file to a local location in the following manner –
- Go to the location containing your company file and copy it by pressing the Ctrl + C keys.
- Next, paste the file to the location storage of your PC and make sure the location is accessible.
- Once the location is changed, go back to the File menu and select the Open or Restore Company option to select the file.
- Lastly, check if you are able to open the company file without any errors and if the error code 6000 is rectified.
Step 2 – Use the File Doctor to Repair the Corrupted Company File
You can resolve QuickBooks enterprise error message 6000 832 by using the file doctor tool from the tool hub.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program that you have installed on your system and select the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the Company File Issues tab.
- Run the tool and browse your company file to select the Check your File and Network option, and run a repair.
- Once the tool stops running, open QuickBooks and access the company file to check if you are able to access it without errors.
QuickBooks error 6000 832 can be eliminated by using the solutions given above. Perform the given steps, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our expert team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15311