QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software perfectly designed by Intuit for small businesses and people in need of credible accounting. The software can handle multiple monetary tasks simultaneously and keep a track of all the business data. Even being the best-in-class software, QuickBooks has to deal with random errors that directly impact its functions. QuickBooks Error 6000 301 is a problem that bothers the user while opening a company file. This blog is created to help users struggling with this error on their PC. In case you are in a similar situation, keep reading till the end to find out the reasons & solutions to it.
Let QB experts take care of this issue for you, get in touch by calling 1-855-856-0042.
About the issue
This is a company file error that prevents users from accessing their financial data stored in QuickBooks. Either the software fails to set up a connection with the data file, or the file is damaged. You won’t be able to open the file as you’ll be blocked with an error message, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” The software can become unresponsive for some time or can crash after the error message is displayed on the screen.
The reasons mentioned below are the major factors for the occurrence of this error-
- 1. QB program files like the transaction log or network descriptor file are corrupted or don’t exist in their specified location.
- 2. The company file you tried opening has been damaged and is now in an unsupported format.
- 3. QuickBooks developed internal issues due to a defective installation.
The adequate methods to eliminate this error from QuickBooks are given below-
Solution 1- Repair the QuickBooks Program files
The transaction file(.tlg) and network descriptor file(.nd) are critical for the smooth working of QuickBooks. These files maintain the transaction records and multi-user network to share the company file. In case of damage to these files, they can be repaired by renaming them as they are recreated every time you run QuickBooks. Follow the steps given below-
- 1. Go to the folder containing your QuickBooks files.
- 2. Look for files with your company file name but extensions .tlg & .nd.
- 3. Right-click on the file and click Rename.
- 4. Type ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
- 5. Retry opening your company file in QuickBooks.
If you still face an error, try the next method.
Solution 2- Use the File doctor tool
Minor issues in your data file can be resolved using the QuickBooks Tool hub. Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed on your computer and follow the steps given below-
- 1. Open QuickBooks Tool hub.
- 2. Click on Company File issues and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- 3. Locate your company file, and enter your admin password to proceed.
- 4. Wait till the repair is complete and reopen QuickBooks.
The error will be fixed after using the steps given above.
This blog explains the circumstances under which QuickBooks Error 6000 301 develops and the methods you need to deal with. We hope you applied the methods, and the error is now eliminated from your QuickBooks.