The QuickBooks application allows users to work on their company files and operate their business functions. The company file is an important part of the application and needs to run correctly. If there are issues with the same, it can lead to the QuickBooks error 6177 on your screen. This error code can arise when there is some damage to the data file, among other possible reasons. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 6177, you can use the solutions provided in this blog to address the same.
If you are having difficulty understanding the solutions or terminating the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct assistance from our support team.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6177 0: Possible Factors
You might be getting the QuickBooks error message 6177 due to the following common reasons –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application has become obsolete, and the outdated application is causing compatibility issues.
- The company file you are trying to access is either corrupted or damaged, and the data file might be in a different folder.
- Essential files, like the network data file, are not running correctly, and the files might be missing from the system.
- The QuickBooks database service, which is essential to run the company files, is either inactive or turned off.
Effective Steps to Eliminate the QuickBooks Company File Error 6177 0
To successfully get rid of the QuickBooks enterprise error 6177, you can use the steps given below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Step 1 – Configure the Database Service and Setup the Folder Permissions
You can remove the QB error code 6177 0 by repairing the database service issues and modifying the access permissions.
- Close QuickBooks and open the company file folder to locate a file with ND extension and delete it, followed by going to the Programs menu.
- Configure the QuickBooks Database Manager from the QuickBooks folder, and if you can’t find the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to get it on your system.
- Click Add Folder to locate the company file and click the Scan button to run the scan process, and check the company file permissions by going to the Set up Folder Permissions section.
Step 2 – Move the Company File to a Local Hard Drive from the File Information Section
To address the company file access issues, you can move the data file to a local drive.
- Open QuickBooks and press F2 to get the Product Information window and take note of the company file path.
- Now, search the company file in the file location shown under the File Information section and copy the company file with the .qbw extension to paste it into the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Create a Portable QuickBooks File and save it to the local drive, followed by restoring this portable file from the local drive back to the server.
To easily troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6177, you can perform the steps given in this blog. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our QB experts.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Running Slow