The multi-user mode in QuickBooks can be used to access the company file on different workstations connected to the same network. Issues while accessing the multi-hosting mode can lead to error messages on the screen like “QuickBooks can’t switch to multi-user mode.” This error message can arise due to incorrect hosting configuration or Windows firewall obstructions. The QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error can be easily addressed by using the reasons and solutions provided below.
If you are dealing with issues while addressing the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1-855-948-3646 to get direct help from our team of QB technicians.
Possible Reasons Why Users Get the Unable to Run QuickBooks in Multi-User Mode Issue
If your QuickBooks keeps opening in single-user mode, the following common reasons and causes might be triggering the issue –
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed on the server PC, which is causing issues while accessing the multi-hosting on the network.
- The database server manager is not running correctly, and it is unable to host the company files on different workstations.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus program is causing obstruction while connecting to the server for hosting the QBW files.
- The DNS settings are corrupt or incorrect, which is leading to access issues while activating the hosting mode in QB.
- The file permissions in your Windows OS are not correctly set, which is leading to configuration issues in QB.
You may also like to read:- Here Technical solution for resolve the QuickBooks error ps077
Troubleshooting Solutions to Eliminate the QuickBooks Multi-user Not Syncing Error
The QuickBooks single-user mode cannot switch issues can be easily dismissed by using the solutions given below –
Solution 1 –Restart the QuickBooks DBXX Service Automatically on the Server PC
You can address the QuickBooks multi-user hosting error code by restarting the database service in the following manner –
- On the server PC, open the Windows Start menu and access the Run command to type the services.msc command in the appeared box, followed by hitting Enter.
- Find the QuickbooksDBXX version and select it to go to the Startup Type menu and ensure that the Automatic option is selected; otherwise, select it.
- Now, check if the service status is displayed as Running or Started and if not, hit Start and navigate to the Recovery tab.
- From the appeared drop-down menu, choose Restart and select the three Failure options followed by hitting Apply and OK to save the edits.
Solution 2 –Modify the ND and TLG File Extensions to Mend the Data File Corruption Issues
You need to ensure that the ND and TLG files are running correctly to access the multi-hosting mode successfully.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop Company File and press the F2 key on the home page to access the Product Info window, and locate the data files with the ND and TLG extensions.
- From the location, right-click one of these files to select Rename and add OLD at the end of the file name, followed by renaming all the files and hitting Enter to save them.
QuickBooks can’t switch to multi-user mode issues can be reliably rectified by using the methods given above. If the error message remains unresolved, you can get assistance from our QB support assistants by calling us at +1-855-948-3646.
Related article:- How to resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error code 40003