Fix Error 6144 82 Quickbooks Desktop with Easy Solutions
QuickBooks is one of the popular accounting software. Error 6144 82 Quickbooks Desktop is one of the most annoying errors while accessing the QB company file. If your network is set up incorrectly, you may face QuickBooks error code 6144 82. The error arises when a user tries to run QuickBooks Desktop or open a company file. Fortunately, one can implement a simple solution to this error by renaming.ND and . TLG files, along with that, there are other solutions as well that are mentioned in this article.
If you need immediate technical assistance, please call our experts at +1-855-738-0359.
Easy Solutions to Rectify Error 6144 82 quickbooks Desktop
Below, we have mentioned some of the easiest solutions that will help you rectify this error.
Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks Company File
You must keep the QB company file name under 65 characters, and it must not have any special characters in the name. Verify that your QB company file name is not breaking the guidelines, and if you suspect so, rename the company file and make the necessary changes to its name.
- First, use Windows Explorer and head to the QuickBooks company file folder, which is usually located at C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Now right-click the company file, the QBW extension, and choose Rename.
- Make the necessary changes and attempt to open the company file once again.
- If you are still experiencing QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82, then follow the next troubleshooting method.
You May Also :- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Solution 2: Move the QB Company File to the Original QuickBooks Folder
QuickBooks Database Server Manager scans the QB company file on the system and links it with QuickBooks by saving the path of the company file. If the QB company file is moved to a different folder or device, then QuickBooks can’t connect with it and evokes errors like 6144 82.
- Access the QuickBooks Product Information windows by hitting the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Now take note of the QB company file location, which you can find under the File Information section.
- Now head to the company file folder location and check if the company file is saved there.
- If you don’t see the QB company file in the original company file folder, then using the Windows search field at the top-right, look for it. QBW.
- Windows will now show every file a QBW extension on your screen.
- Copy the QB company file you want to access and paste it into the company file folder.
- Attempt to access the company file now and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Begin the QuickBooks Monitoring Service Option to Resolve the Error
The QuickBooks monitoring service can help you repair the 6144 82 error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Start menu, head to the Services tab and find the “QBCFMonitoringService” icon from the “Services” list that opens.
- When you tap on the same, verify that they are up and running in Automatic mode.
- If that is not the case, you need to hit the Radio icon > Apply > OK and you are good to go.
We hope the above-mentioned solutions helped you rectify Error 6144 82 quickBooks Desktop. However, if the error persists, please contact our technical team at +1-855-738-0359.
Recommended To Read:- something unexpected happened and we can’t connect to cointracker. try again in a few hours. (590)