QuickBooks can occasionally glitch out and return errors that can stop you from using it properly. One such glitch is this QuickBooks error which stops you from downloading updates for desktop and payroll updates as well.
If you too have been struggling because of QuickBooks payroll error code 15222, you would be glad to know there are solutions to this.
One of the surface-level reasons is the failure of digital signature. The error often also includes the message that QuickBooks has failed to verify digital signature. But below surface level, it’s an error that can have multiple reasons or sources behind it.
Sometimes, it can be quite time-consuming and frustrating to find out why exactly are you encountering the error in the first place. General issues with your network can cause this QuickBooks Payroll error message. Firewall system, corrupt QuickBooks installation files, incorrectly configured browser, and FCS service not working – they can all be a contributing factor.
Now, we are going to discuss solutions you can put into effect to fix this error.
5 Solutions for QuickBooks payroll error code 15222
The very first thing to do is to run QuickBooks as admin. And if possible, try to update it in selective startup mode.
Download QuickBooks updates in Windows selective startup mode
- Open Run dialog box and type msconfig and press OK
- Select “selective startup”
- Uncheck startup items
- Restart windows in selective startup mode
- Open QuickBooks as administrator (Right-click on QuickBooks launch icon and then select “run as administrator”)
- Go to help menu and open update QuickBooks desktop
- Click on “reset updates” and click get updates to download
- Close QuickBooks and start again to install the updates
Use QB Tool Hub to Repair Issues
- Visit QuickBooks website and search for QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once in the download page, download the installer file.
- Open the installer file and install QuickBooks tool hub. You need admin permissions to install it.
- Open QB Tool Hub from the desktop or by searching it in Windows search field.
- On the left-pane menu, Select Program problems
- Click on “Quick Fix my Program.” The tool will scan and attempt to repair any issues it finds. This may resolve QuickBooks payroll update error code 15222. However, if the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Within “Program Problems,” click on “QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Too.” It’s a more comprehensive and in-depth repair utility that can take up to 10 minutes to fix the problems that it detects.
Once the process is finished, reboot your PC and then check if the error is fixed or not.
Fix Digital Signature Verification
One other solution to try is to fix the issues with digital signature. You can manually install the signatures for QuickBooks. Here’s how:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (Unless you have installed it in different location)
- Right-click qbw32.exe and open Properties (64-bit users might see qbw64.exe file)
- Open the panel for digital signatures
- On the signature, click the details button
- Then click “View certificate” ➔ “install certificate”
- Then “Next” ➔ Finish
- If there are more certifications, repeat the process to install
- Doing this will resolve this error in QuickBooks if it was caused by missing digital signatures.
Need Help? Quick Access to Our Support
When facing QuickBooks Error 15222, it can be frustrating to try and fix the issue on your own. We hope the information we shared above made it easy for you to get rid of the error. But it’s possible that you are still struggling with it. In many cases, users may not have the necessary technical expertise or experience to troubleshoot the issue effectively. Fortunately, we offer support by phone to help you resolve the error.
By calling our support number +1-888-738-0533, you can speak with a qualified technician who can provide personalized assistance in addressing the error. The technician can help you diagnose the root cause of the issue and walk you through the necessary steps to resolve it. This can include guiding through software updates, checking digital signatures, and troubleshooting conflicts with other software.