You need to run regular updates to access QuickBooks correctly and to utilize its many features. QuickBooks payroll function also requires regular maintenance to perform various activities, like processing payroll, calculating taxes, and so on. While running the payroll update process, sometimes glitches can occur that pose an error on your computer screen. One such error is the QuickBooks error 15240, which prevents users from updating QuickBooks and payroll. To eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15240 effectively, you need to follow the steps given in this article.
If you are having issues performing the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts.
Common Reasons for QuickBooks Update Error 15240
QB error message 15240 can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- You are trying to update your QuickBooks payroll feature without updating the application first.
- You do not have admin privileges to run the QuickBooks payroll update process.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application is not correctly installed on your PC, and the installation files are damaged.
- Windows registry issues or incorrect internet security settings can lead to 15240 error.
- 3rd party applications are interrupting the QuickBooks update process.
- Your PC has incorrect data and time settings, which need to be modified before running the update.
Reliable Ways to Terminate QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
QB error code 15240 can be eradicated by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Allow Full Access to the QuickBooks Installation Folders by Modifying the Security Settings
You need to edit the advanced security settings to provide full permission to the QuickBooks installation folders and remove the error code 15240 from QuickBooks.
- Exit QuickBooks and go to the Windows File Manager to navigate to the C drive.
- Access the Program Files folder and hit the Advanced tab to check the user group.
- Ensure that the user group is set to Owner and click the Advanced Security Settings tab.
- Select Change and go to the Enter the object name to select section to type the user name.
- Click Check Names and select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects section.
- Hit Apply & OK and go to the Permissions section to select Full Control for the user.
- Once done, rerun the QB update process and check the status of the 15240 error code.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6175
Solution 2 – Modify your Internet Security Settings from the Tools Menu
Your internet security settings can be hampering the QuickBooks update process and leading to the QuickBooks payroll update error 15240.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu from the top right corner to access the Advanced tab.
- From the Security section, checkmark the Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0 options.
- Hit Apply to save the changes and rerun QuickBooks to update the application again.
You can terminate QuickBooks error 15240 by following the steps provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1712: Easy Resolving Techniques