If you are facing issues related to Netgear router connections and forget the personal details of your device, then resetting is the best option to solve the entire issue related to the Netgear router in less time. You can reset your device by pressing the Reset Factory button or by using the Netgear Nighthawk app. You can also use the web interference method in case you are not able to reset your device. Moreover, factory reset restores all the router settings to default values and removes all the customized settings, and you won’t be able to back up them once you perform the reset process. So, it’s better to take backup of your Nighthawk router settings prior to resetting it.
Moving further, let us provide you the different types of reset methods so that you can reset your Nighthawk router in hassle-free and be able to use the service of your device once again. If you want to know more in detail then you need to read out the post properly.
Now, we tell you about the different types of methods to reset your Netgear router. You just need to perform one of them properly according to your comfort.
Methods to Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router
Well, there are several methods to take your device to factory reset settings. You can reset your router by following these three methods. Manual method (soft reset method), Nighthawk app, and hard reset method in case you are not able to reset your router through the first two methods. All the procedures are very easy to perform. You just need to go through them properly. Now, we start with the manual method first.
Soft Reset Nighthawk Router
The manual method is also known as a soft method, in this method you need to perform some steps, just like that when you perform during the Nighthawk router setup using a web address. The following points will guide you clearly:
- First, you need to turn on your router by giving the power.
- Now, connect your device router and modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Power on your system computer. If you have a laptop then you can also use it as well.
- Now, open the web browser and type the default web address into the address bar.
- A login panel will appear where you need to put the default credentials.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Your router dashboard will appear.
- Now, you need to go to the menu settings and click on the reset button.
Confirm the reset and your router will automatically restart with default settings.
Thus, these are the steps that you need to do through the manual method. Now, we tell you about the Nighthawk app reset method.
Reset Router via Nighthawk App
To reset your router through the app you need to follow the following steps:
- Download the app on your smart phone.
- Open the app and create an account in the app.
- Now, you need to log into the router and locate the settings of your router.
- Press the Reset Button.
Now, let your router set the default settings.
Thus, these are the steps that you need to perform through the Netgear nighthawk app. Now we, tell you about the reset button, which is located at the back panel of the router.
Reset Router through Reset Button
This method is known as the hard method. You can use this method when your Netgear wifi not working properly. The related points are outlined below:
- First, you need to power on your Netgear router and make sure your device gets the appropriate power supply.
- Now, you need to find out the reset button on your router, which is usually located on the back side of the device.
- Once you found the reset button, then you need a paper clip or oil pin to press the reset button.
Note: You need to press the reset button for a few seconds.
As soon as your Netgear router is set to default settings and you get your router as a new device setting.
Thus, these are the important steps that you need to perform to reset your device by pressing the reset button.
This is how you can reset your device if your router creates the issues. The reset method is the last option to solve router-related issues.. We hope that this article proved helpful to you. Please share!