QuickBooks error H202 hosting mode may prompt on your desktop screen when you attempt to open your QuickBooks company file in a multi-user mode. This error will not let QuickBooks perform the given task. To resolve it, make sure to read and understand the complete procedure mentioned below. We will make sure that these troubleshooting steps will resolve your Error Code H202 instantly.
You need to handle this issue before it turns irreversible, and for that, our experts are here to help you; just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.QuickBooks error H202
Quick Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Error H202
The following solutions have proved to be helpful in resolving QuickBooks Error Code H202.
Solution 1: Ping your server from a workstation to Rectify the Error
There might be a firewall error if you see QuickBooks Error H202 multi user on one or more of your workstations, and to resolve the issue, Ping your server from each workstation where you are encountering quickbooks h202 windows server 2012.
- First, on your server computer and workstations, access the “Windows Start Menu. “
- Now type Network into the search and then launch Network and sharing center.
- After that, select change advanced sharing settings and ensure that you have selected Turn on network discovery.
- Now get your server name from your server, but first of all, you need to open the Windows Start menu on your server computer.
- Now type “Run” into the search and then launch the Run box.
- After that, type “CMD” into the Run window, and then tap on Enter key.
- Now type “ipconfig/all” into the command window, and then hit on Enter key.
- After that, browse the Host Name in the Windows IP Configuration section, and you will find your server name on the right.
- Finally, you have to note down the hostname and copy it to a Word file so that you can open it quickly.
Read More:- QuickBooks Automatic Backup not working
Solution 2: Resolve the Network Issues with QB Database Server Manager
Through this solution, you need to rectify the multi-use mode problems in your system and also repair the access permissions of your firewall
- First, install the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit and double-click on the downloaded file, to begin with the installation.
- No access to the tool on your screen, and press the Network Issues button.
- Now select QuickBooks Database Server Manager and install it if required.
- Tap on Start Scan and look for your company file by pressing the Browse button.
- Press Start Scan again, and do not quit the window until the scan is completed.
- Finally, hit on Close, open QuickBooks, then switch to the multi-user mode and check if the error is rectified or not.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Tackle the Error
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool specifically designed to diagnose and repair several errors in QuickBooks.
- First, install the tool, run the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and select Company File Issues from the menu.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select QuickBooks company file, and if the file isn’t visible, you can browse and search from the available list.
- After locating the file, tick the box next to Check your File and Continue.
- Finally, type the admin username and password in the box and choose Next.
QuickBooks Error H202 can interfere with even the basic tasks, and we hope that through these solutions, you were able to rectify it. Nonetheless, if you have any other queries or the error is still prompting, then don’t worry. We can help you. Just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Recommended to read:- quickbooks won’t update payroll