QuickBooks is an accounting software that many people like to use. It helps with keeping track of business finances. However, sometimes it can have problems like QuickBooks Payroll error 15243. This has been an issue for a few years, but don’t worry! This article can help you fix it on your own.
You may get the similar error message on your computer screen:
A brief review of QuickBooks Error 15243
QuickBooks update error 15243 occurs when a user tries to download the latest updates, which can disrupt the workflow of business processes. The error happens when there are other programs running in the background while QuickBooks is trying to update the payroll. This setup can cause problems for the software.
What may leads to QuickBooks Error message 15243?
- If you’re using QuickBooks Payroll, you might not have updated it with the latest tax table information.
- QuickBooks FCS (File Copy Service) could be experiencing issues that cause the update error.
- The File Copy Service may not be running, or it could be damaged.
- It’s possible that your payroll subscription isn’t currently active.
Methods to fix error code 15243 when trying to update QuickBooks Premier
To resolve Error 15243, you can follow these troubleshooting steps:
Method 1: Ensure your Payroll Subscription is active
If you’re experiencing QuickBooks update error 15243, one possible cause is that your payroll subscription isn’t active. To troubleshoot this issue, try following these steps:
- First, go to the Employees tab on your QuickBooks dashboard and select My Payroll Service.
- Next, choose Account and Billing Information.
- A Maintenance Page may appear, but you can close it.
- QuickBooks will now validate your payroll subscription.
- After payroll subscription validation, the software will begin updating.
- Once the updates are installed, try running payroll again to see if error code 15243 has been resolved.
Method 2: Repair the QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS)
- Firstly, press the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Then, in the search box in the Run window, type “services.msc” and click OK.
- From the list of services that appear, find the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option and double-click on it.
- In the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window, choose the Manual option for the Startup type.
- At last, click the OK button, and then open QuickBooks Payroll.
Method 3: Manually install QuickBooks Desktop updates
- First, go to the QuickBooks Product Updates page by clicking on the provided link.
- Then, choose your country, product, and version from the appropriate drop-down menus.
- Then, proceed by clicking on the “Get Updates” button and save the file to a convenient location.
- Now, open the updates file and follow the on-screen instructions to update your QuickBooks Desktop application
- After the update is complete, restart your computer and then try running the payroll updates again.
Method 4: Try closing conflicting programs
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, proceed by right-clicking the taskbar and choosing “Task Manager.”
- After that, highlight the following background processes:
- QBW32.exe or QBW.exe
- QBCFMonitorService.ex or qbupdate.exe
- QBDBMgr.exe or QBDBMgrN.exe
- For each of the processes listed above, click “End task.”
- Now, go to your desktop screen and proceed by right-clicking the QuickBooks icon.
- Then, choose “Run as administrator” to start the program again.
If you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Update Error 15243 and are still experiencing the same issue, it could be due to errors in Windows components or infections on your computer. In such a case, we recommend that you reach out to our QuickBooks desktop error support experts at 1-800-615-2347. Our certified representatives will connect with you to provide the necessary assistance.