Working with a technology that has no technical support, users may face performance issues. Likewise, when users work on Exchange 2010, it is challenging for them. They don’t get solutions if they face any issues. The regular bug will not be fixed, and not get the security update timely. Therefore, it would be better to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 to work in a risk-free environment. In this blog, we will learn how to make this task effortless. We will also discuss the advantages of moving to the Exchange 2019. So, continue reading this content until the end.
Advantages of adopting Exchange 2019
- Exchange 2019 is the newest and most advanced version of Exchange Server.
- It allows adding non-English characters in emails.
- Better and improved calendar features than previous versions.
- It offers a MetaCache database to work efficiently with SSD disks.
- Straightforward user interface making it easy to use for all users.
- It provides better and enhanced security features as compared to previous ones.
How to upgrade the Microsoft Exchange 2010 to 2019?
The Exchange upgrading task can be accomplished manually and professionally. The manual method can’t Upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 directly. To accomplish this task manually, users first move from Exchange 2010 to 2013/2016 and then Exchange 2013/2016 to 2019. It is because both Exchange 2010 and 2019 use different Active Directory forests. So, the upgrading task is not possible by bypassing the middle Exchange versions.
We will deliver both solutions methods to perform this task. We are going to begin with the manual method to perform this task. After that, we will elaborate on the professional way to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019.
Stage 1: Move Exchange 2010 to 2016 using the manual way
Step1: Go to the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and sign in to your account.
Step2: Move to Recipients tap and then, Migration option.
Step3: Click the (+) Add sign and select Move to a different database.
Step4: Pick the mailboxes to upgrade and click on Next.
Step5: Now enter the name for the Migration batch name and Target database name, and then set the bad items count. Click on the Next button.
Step6: Choose the appropriate option to start and finish the migration batch and Click on New.
Step7: Go back to the migration wizard and see the process status.
Stage 2: Upgrade Microsoft Exchange 2016 to 2019
Step1: Sign in to the EAC using the user account and password.
Step2: Choose the migration option from the Recipients. After that, click on Add and click on the Move to a different database option.
Step3: Now click the Plus (+) sign and add Exchange 2016 mailboxes that you want to upgrade to Exchange 2019. Click on the Add button.
Step4: Tap on the Ok button after choosing the mailboxes.
Step5: Click Next after ensuring added mailboxes in the wizard.
Step6: Enter the migration batch name and browse the location to choose the target database.
Step7: Pick the database from Exchange 2019 and tap on Add, then click Ok.
Step8: Click Next and tap the browse button to select the user who receives the report after completing the migration. Click on the New.
Step9: The migration will start to check the progress report in the migration wizard.
As we know, the manual method is free of cost, but it has some limitations. Moreover, users need to follow two stages process to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 manually. Let’s discuss the limitations that may affect the migration task of the Exchange Server.
Limitations of the manual method
- As you can see, you need to follow multiple steps to perform this task. So, the task becomes lengthy for the users.
- Users should have the technical knowledge to understand the manual method process.
- No option is available to resume or stop the process once it starts.
- It may affect the folder structure of the data.
- Users will be unable to migrate particular items of the Exchange data.
- No advanced options are available to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 version easily.
To eliminate this indirect method to perform this task, users can move with the direct solution that eases this task. For this, users can try the Shoviv professional third-party tool.
The direct method to upgrade the Exchange 2010 data to Exchange 2019
Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool has the capability of moving Exchange 2010 directly into Exchange 2019. All users can upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 in an effortless way. The working process is straightforward, and only a few steps need to follow. Even with the Exchange 2010 to 2019, this tool also migrates one Exchange version to another one. It works for all Exchange versions without any trouble. This experience automation securely performs the upgrading task without losing a single data. Let’s see more features of this professional automation.
- Users can add limitless mailboxes without any size limitations in this software.
- As it offers a user-friendly GUI, no technicalities require to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 for users.
- It allows users to select the particular items of their choice with the help of a filter option. Users can easily include/remove items using this option before processing the upgrading task.
- The software migrates the Exchange mailboxes without affecting the folder structure and data integrity.
- Along with the migration, this tool also recovers corrupt or damaged EDB files in a hassle-free manner.
- No data will be harmed in this software even if add the oversized mailboxes to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019.
- Moreover, users can ensure added mailboxes by previewing them using its preview option.
- Users can even migrate the Exchange mailboxes into the Microsoft 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- Along with the migration, the software also offers various file formats to save the Exchange EDB files. The file formats include HTML, PST, vCard, RTF, vCal, etc.
- It also offers a quick option to find the desired items in a little bit of time.
If users want to know more about its features and functionality, they can download its free trial version from the official website of Shoviv. This free trial version allows users to migrate the first 50 items per folder free of cost. Moreover, users can use this free version to check its compatibility and how it works to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019.
Steps to upgrade the Exchange 2010 data to the latest 2019 version directly
Step1: First, download the Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool.exe from Shoviv’s official website.
Step2: Open the software after completing its installation.
Step3: Go to the Add source and choose the Exchange Server Mailboxes option. Provide the needed details to connect with Exchange 2010 and move forward with the Next button.
Step4: Right-click on the added mailboxes list and go to the Export single profile mailbox in Live Exchange. Choose the mailbox type from the options.
Step5: Now check or uncheck the subfolders and click on the Next button.
Step6: Provide the Exchange 2019 version credential and the option from the Export In where you want to export mailboxes. Then, click Next.
Step7: Include/Exclude items by using date-wise criteria. Check the Export All items option if needed and click Next.
Step8: Click on the save button to save the report of the whole process after completing the migration. Then, click on Finish.
We discussed the manual and professional solutions to upgrade Exchange 2010 to 2019 version. After discussing both methods, we can easily conclude the Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is the easiest and most secure way. In this tool, users can easily migrate the Exchange data by just selecting the needed items. Even the users do not need to go through a long process. Even this tool also creates a report of the whole process that contains the details of the process, like failed items, filtered items, etc. Check its free trial version before deciding anything.