QuickBooks Point of Sale is a version created to assist retail store owners. The software tracks daily sales and also helps the users to set up the inventory according to customer demands, which increases sales. The data collected in the QB POS is then transferred to QuickBooks Desktop for reconciling the records and merging them with the financial record. QuickBooks Error 3140 appears during the financial exchange between QB POS and QB Desktop, leading to a failure. On the off chance you can also not run the financial exchange due to the error, this blog is crucial for you to understand the conditions that develop this error and the appropriate ways to resolve it.
Assistance from a QB support team is always available for you at 1-855-856-0042 to deal with QB-related issues.
This error mainly develops due to one of the following reasons-
- The account used for mapping the payable or receivable amounts is incorrect.
- The item account in QB Point of Sale is incorrect or currently inactive.
- QuickBooks cannot connect to the internet or other systems due to interruptions from other programs running on your PC.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 179
Here are some of the methods that can easily rectify this error-
Solution 1- Make sure the accounts are mapped correctly
This error is bound to occur if QuickBooks Point of Sale accounts are not mapped correctly. Proceed as per the directions mentioned underneath-
- Run the QuickBooks Point of Sale on your PC.
- Go to the File menu on the top-left and select Preferences from the options.
- Tap on Company and select Accounts under the financial tab.
- Also, ensure that the accounts in the Basic & Advanced tabs are mapped correctly.
- An account with [ ] in its name is incorrectly mapped. Configure the accounts and click on Save.
- Start the financial exchange again.
Use the next method if the error again appears during the financial exchange.
Solution 2- Activate the mapped account in QuickBooks Point of Sale
You’ll encounter this error during the financial exchange if the mapped item account is inactive or deleted from QuickBooks Point of Sale. The software will not be able to run the financial exchange due to these inactive accounts. Refer to the steps underneath to resolve this QB POS error-
- Go to the List menu in QuickBooks Financial and select Chart of Accounts.
- Click on the Accounts option at the bottom and select Inactive accounts.
- Right-click on the inactive account or tap the X mark, then select Make account Active.
- Retry running the financial exchange.
Go for the next method if the error is still not resolved.
Solution 3- Verify that the receivable and payable accounts are mapped correctly
This error can occur if the accounts for a receivable and payable type are interchanged or if there is a wrong entry. You can fix the issue by using the steps below-
- Run QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Select Preferences in the File menu.
- Click on Company & select Accounts under financial.
- Ensure the accounts are correctly mapped to the A/R and A/P type accounts.
- Rerun the financial exchange.
The financial exchange will not develop any errors now.
This is everything you need to know about QuickBooks Error 3140 to resolve. The favorable conditions for this error to develop are also mentioned, with the appropriate ways to get rid of it. We expect that the error is now fixed after using the above-mentioned methods.
If you still have any doubts, sort them out with the help of QB professionals reachable at 1-855-856-0042.