QuickBooks is an amazing application designed by Intuit to serve various business needs, including payroll processing. Errors are common while using the app, and most of the errors occur while updating the app and its features.QuickBooks Payroll update requires several system resources to complete, such as a properly functioning internet connection, Windows Admin Rights, and access to the update file download location. If any of the needed components stop functioning, QuickBooks shows errors. Once you encounter QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 , QuickBooks will display “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. Below, we have listed all the solutions that will help you eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 15102.
Having trouble following the steps? Call our experts at +1-855-738-0359 to get immediate technical assistance.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 Quickly
There are three main ways you can eliminate this error; they have been explained in detail below.
Solution 1: Enable Single User Mode in QuickBooks to Rectify the Error
Updating QuickBooks Desktop is a procedure that can only be done when QuickBooks is running in single-user mode. Follow the instructions mentioned below to switch QuickBooks to single-user mode.
- In case you are using QuickBooks in Multi-User mode, first, log out all the users in the network.
- Access QuickBooks on the Workstation that is getting the error during the update.
- Tap on Switch to Single User under the File menu and try to Update QuickBooks Payroll once again.
- What To Avoid If Restore a QuickBooks Backup file
Solution 2: Login as an Administrator on Windows to “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102”
You are unable to perform tasks without admin rights, and one such task is downloading and installing the payroll updates. Run QuickBooks as an administrator following the steps below to quickly rectify the issue.
- Press the Start button and choose the Switch User option.
- Select an account that has administrative rights and log in using the admin account.
- Now Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Lastly, payroll updates once again and check if you are still getting the payroll update error 15102.
Solution 3: Verify the Shared Download Location to Eliminate the Error
If your shared download is turned on, QuickBooks will attempt to save the updates to the shared location, and in case it is unavailable at the moment, you will get error 15102. Follow the below steps and verify if the shared download location is available to save the installed updates.
- Access QuickBooks, and from under the Help tab, press Product Information.
- Also, it’s important to Note down the location where QuickBooks will save the downloaded file.
- From under the Help tab, press Update QuickBooks.
- Now verify the download location, which is under the Options tab.
- If the location is not correct, then change the location and choose Yes for Shared Download and click Save.
We hope by the end of the article, you successfully eliminated QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102. However, if you are still experiencing the error, you can reach out to us at +1-855-738-0359 to get immediate guidance from our team of specialists.
A recommended to read article:- QuickBooks Save as PDF not Working