QuickBooks Online can be accessed portably through a web browser and an internet connection. The user’s bank account is linked to the software for carrying out the monetary processes. The data in QuickBooks Online is automatically backed up after every two hours, which secures the user against any data loss. Users sometimes face issues while working on their bank data due to QuickBooks Error 103. You’ll be disconnected from the bank servers and will not be able to connect with them again. If you face a similar error, keep reading the blog to learn about its triggers and the recommended methods to fix it.
QB-related issues can be easily tackled with the assistance of a QB support team available at 1.855.738.2784.
You may have faced this error due to the following reasons-
- The user credentials you used to sign in to QuickBooks Online are incorrect.
- The internet speed is low, due to which the connection to the bank servers keeps breaking in between.
- The bank file you are trying to access is in an unsupported format due to damage during its download.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1603
The list of solutions to counter this error is present below-
Solution 1- Enter the correct credentials while signing in to your account
This error significantly occurs when you enter the wrong credentials while signing in to your QuickBooks Online account. The software fails to validate you as an authorized user, and you’ll face this error whenever you try to work on your banking data. You’ll also be restricted from downloading the transactions from your bank. You can fix this error by verifying the correct user credentials and entering them into your account as mentioned below-
- Use your web browser to go to your bank’s website.
- Log in to your account using the same credentials you entered in QuickBooks.
- If the user credentials are wrong, click on Forgot password and follow the onscreen instructions given by your bank to reset your password.
- Open QuickBooks on your system.
- Click on Banking in the left menu and select Add account.
- Go to the Actions column f you already have an account linked, select View register and select Connect in the drop-down list.
- Enter the name of your bank in the search column.
- There might be more than one suggestion in the search results.
- Select your bank and manually log in using the correct credentials (avoid the auto-fill).
- If the error still pops up, go back and select another suggestion in the search result.
- Try to sign in again.
If the error persists, try the next method below.
Solution 2- Download the bank file (.qbo) again
This error can also occur if your bank file has been damaged. Follow the steps below to rectify this issue-
- Go to your bank’s website and sign in to your account.
- Download the bank data again in a .qbo file format.
- Try to use this file in your QuickBooks Online.
The error will be fixed after using the methods listed above.
This brings us to the end of our blog that defines QuickBooks Error 103 and the circumstances which can foster it. The appropriate methods to fix this error are also mentioned in the blog, which we expect you to use against this QuickBooks Online error.
If you struggle with any more issues, give a call to a QB technical support team at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On this computer
[…] QuickBooks Error 103 signifies that you might have entered incorrect credentials while signing in to your account, and the software treats you as an unauthorized user. However, you can counter the error with the help of methods present in the attached blog or by following the directions given by a QB professional available at 1.855.738.2784. […]