Different technical errors appear on the screen on a regular basis that disrupts the QB Desktop user from getting access to the company file, and one of these errors is the ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ error.
This error can strike the QB user due to several different factors, such as corrupted company files & outdated versions of QuickBooks on the computer.
Read all the sections of this comprehensive blog to understand this error and obtain the most relevant solutions.
Are you exasperated due to the ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ error? Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team for guidance.
Relevant Causes of the QB Desktop Connection Lost Error
The QB Desktop Connection Lost Error occurs due to the factors elucidated as follows:
- If the QB application has not been updated on the system or if the required company file is damaged, then you can confront this issue very easily.
- This technical error can also occur if security applications like the firewall disrupt the connection to the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15241
How to Fully Eliminate QuickBooks Company File Connection Lost Error?
The QuickBooks Company File Connection Lost Error can be rectified using the solutions stated as follows:
Solution 1: Get the appropriate company file repaired through the ‘QB File Doctor’ tool to ensure the easy elimination of this issue
- First & foremost, correctly navigate to the official Intuit website through your web browser so that you are able to download the most recent version of the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on the system, and then you just need to properly save the downloaded file (‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’) of the QB Tool Hub to a relevant location.
- Instantly thereafter, launch the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file from the relevant location so that you can properly implement all those steps that are needed for the successful installation of the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on the system.
- After fully accomplishing the installation of the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’, you are just required to launch it by double-clicking on its icon, and then you can proceed to strike the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon present within the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- Now, get hold of the company file through the ‘Browse and search’ option, following which you can hit the ‘Continue’ button, and then you shall simply type the valid QB admin password to start the QB File Doctor tool’s execution.
- Through the valid execution of the QB File Doctor tool, the selected company file will get properly repaired, thereby removing this issue.
Solution 2: Properly utilize the Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path to easily get access to your company file on the server
- First of all, correctly strike the ‘Open or restore company’ tab inside the ‘File’ menu of the QB Desktop application and then carefully choose the ‘Open a company file’ option so that you are able to finally tap the ‘My Network Places’ tab.
- Through the ‘My Network Places’ tab, you shall be able to move to the location on the server computer where the company file is present, and then you should simply choose your desired company file and then immediately hit the ‘Open’ option in order to access it successfully.
The ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ error can be fully rectified if you implement the step-wise solutions mentioned above in the proper sequence. For more assistance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15106