You need to install regular updates and maintenance releases to run the QB application and its various features with ease. When there are issues with the same, it can lead to the QuickBooks error 12031 on the screen. The error code can arise due to many possible factors, like internet connectivity issues. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 12031, you can use the reasons and solutions provided below to address it effectively.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or eliminating the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1 855-948-3646 to get professional help from our technical support team.
Common Causes & Factors Leading to the QuickBooks Error Message 12031
You might be getting the QuickBooks Desktop error 12031 due to the main reasons and triggers listed below –
- There are internet connectivity issues in the system, and the connection might be weak, unstable, or facing frequent outages while running the QB updates.
- You are using a browser other than Internet Explorer to run the payroll updates in QB, which is causing download issues.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus program is causing a blockage, which is preventing QuickBooks from connecting with the internet and downloading the payroll updates.
- The SSL settings are incorrect or misconfigured, which is causing security and access issues while downloading the updates in QB Desktop.
You May Also Like To Read:- How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15243
Troubleshooting Solutions to Terminate the QuickBooks Update Error 12031
QuickBooks payroll update error 12031 can be easily rectified by using the solutions mentioned below –
Solution 1 –Reset your Internet Explorer Settings to Reconfigure the Browser from the Tools Menu
You can address the QB error code 12031 by resetting the Internet Explorer settings from the tools menu.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu to select Internet Options, and navigate to the Security tab to access the Globe icon.
- From the Content tab, ensure that the advisor says Disable, go to the Connections menuand select the Never Dial a Connection option.
- Select the ISP and hit OK to go to the LAN Settings tab and checkmark the Automatically Detect Settings check box.
- Select the Use a Proxy Server option, and from the LAN Settings Display, select the Advanced menu and click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select the Use TLS 1.0 option and deselect the Use TLS 1.1 and 1.2 options to reconfigure the settings and exit IE once done.
Solution 2 – Use the Internet Connection and Update QB Desktop from the Help Section
You can fix the update issues in QB by running the updates by using the internet connection.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help tab to select the Internet Connection Setup option to choose the “Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings” option, followed by hitting Next and Done.
- Now, go to the Update Now tab and choose the Reset Updates and Get Updates option to download the latest updates, followed by selecting the Install Now option to give effect to the QB updates.
QuickBooks error 12031 can be easily dismissed by using the solutions given in this blog. If the error code persists, you can call us at +1 855-948-3646 to get immediate assistance from our QB experts.
Related Article:- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 30