QuickBooks Error 15106 promptly gets triggered when the QB application users attempt to download the QB updates on the system. This is a ‘15XXX’ series error & it mainly occurs when the antivirus program on the computer restricts the downloading of the QB updates.
It is necessary to correctly set the antivirus application settings on the computer to be able to easily download the QB Desktop updates.
You can read the complete details regarding this problem, including appropriate resolutions, in this blog.
Do you want effective help to tackle QuickBooks Error 15106? You can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team for guidance.
15106 QB Update Error: What Are the Most Prominent Causes?
The main causes behind the 15106 QB Update Error are explained as follows:
- If you are trying to get QB updates without utilizing the Windows admin user account or if you are not operating the QB Desktop application with admin rights, then this error can occur.
- As stated earlier, antivirus programs can also restrict QB updates from getting downloaded on the system if their settings are invalid.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Fatal Error
Most Effective Resolutions for QB 15106 Update Error Message
The QB 15106 Update Error Message can be eliminated through the resolutions explained as follows:
Resolution 1: Operate the Windows admin user account and then execute the QB Desktop in admin mode to easily get the QB updates
- First & foremost, correctly access the ‘Control Panel’ on the screen, after which you can simply strike the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ tab, and then you shall simply tap the ‘User Accounts’ option so that you are able to eventually choose the ‘Manage another account’ option.
- At this step, select the Windows admin user account and then type the valid admin user credentials to successfully log into the admin user account on the computer.
- Now, navigate back to the QB Desktop icon and then right-click on the QB Desktop icon so that you can easily choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option, after which you will be able to successfully download the required QB updates.
Resolution 2: Switch off the execution of the antivirus program & then rename the QB Desktop update folder to easily resolve this issue
- Firstly, you have to promptly stop the execution of the antivirus program on your computer, and for that, you shall need to press the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ keys to easily obtain the ‘Windows Task Manager’ window.
- Thereafter, hop to the ‘Processes’ tab inside the ‘Task Manager’ window so that you can select the name of your antivirus program in the on-screen list, and then you can move ahead to strike the ‘End Process’ button to finally turn off the antivirus program’s execution.
- At this point, move back to the ‘C: drive’ so that you can access the ‘Intuit’ folder, and then you shall just launch the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ folder to eventually get the ‘downloadqbXX’ folder.
- Now, right-click on the ‘downloadqbXX’ folder icon so that you can easily tap the ‘Rename’ option, after which you can successfully rename it by adding a fresh word like ‘oldsub’ to the end of its name: ‘downloadqbXX.oldsub.’
- Finally, save the QB update folder’s fresh name and then effectively download the required QB updates.
QuickBooks Error 15106 will be practically extirpated just by properly utilizing the resolutions given above. For more assistance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File Won’t Open