QuickBooks Error 15221 could appear when users try to update QuickBooks. This error belongs to the error 15xxx series of error codes. Out of the multiple causes behind this error, the most common technical error is an improper Internet Explorer configuration. Also, an out-to-date digital signature certificate could also provoke QuickBooks error 15221.
Factors causing QuickBooks Error 15221
- The digital signature certificate may be invalid.
- QuickBooks features are being restricted by a firewall or some third-party program.
- The Internet Explorer browser may be outdated.
Easy Fixes for QuickBooks Error 15221
To get rid of QuickBooks Update Error 15221, you can update the Internet Explorer version already downloaded to your system. Manual update downloads must be done using the latest Microsoft download sender. After updating Internet Explorer, you can resolve Error code 12221. If the problem persists, you can try updating Internet Explorer to see if the Windows program files are damaged or unstable.
Intuit does not provide support or assistance for Windows products. For assistance with issues related to the OS, you can contact the support team for the product.
Fix 1: Go for Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features option.
- From the list of applications, choose QuickBooks.
- Now, hit on Uninstall/Change.
- After that, click on Uninstall.
- Later, reinstall the QuickBooks program.
- Now, restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and check for the resolution of Error 15221.
Fix 2: Add Intuit in Trusted Sites list
- Click on the Start button.
- Now, type “Explorer” into the search bar.
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools and then advance to the Internet Options tab.
- Now, visit the Security option.
- Now, select the Trusted Sites option.
- Include the following in the list after selecting the Sites icon:
Intuit.com or intuit.ca (for Canada users).
- Shut all the open windows and then click on Ok.
- Finally, hit on the Apply button.
Fix 3: Update QuickBooks
- Launch QuickBooks.
- After that, advance to the Help tab.
- Following that, click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Subsequently, select the Update Now option.
- After that, click on the Get Updates option.
- Finally, click on Close to complete the download process.
- Restart QuickBooks to install the updates.
Fix 4: Install a digital signature certificate
- Head to the QuickBooks folder by navigating to Drive (C):/Program Files (x86)/Intuit.
- Search for the QBW32.exe file in this folder.
- Right-click on the file and click on Properties.
- Selected Intuit Inc. in the Digital Signature option.
- Now, click on Details.
- Click on the option to View Certificate.
- Select the Install Certificate option.
- Choose Next and then hit on Finish.
- Restart the PC and run QuickBooks.
- Check if the error code 15221 still occurs when updating QuickBooks.
Fix 5: Turn off Firewall
- To begin, right-click the Start button.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Security and Update.
- Now, click on Windows Security.
- After that, hit on the option to Open Windows Security after selecting the Windows Security option on the left.
- Click on the Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Now, disable the Firewall on the Domain, Private, and Public Networks.
- After that, try to update QuickBooks again.
- By this stage, QuickBooks Error 15221 should be fixed.
You may also read: How to Fix Error 1603 when Installing QuickBooks Desktop?
As we come to a close, we hope that users find the different solutions in this blog useful to fix QuickBooks Error 15221. Users can simply give us a call at the helpline 1 800 761 1787.