QuickBooks Error 1612 is a very intricate technical glitch that occurs while getting the QB Desktop updated to the latest version. As soon as this error pops up, the QB update process stops abruptly, and the error message states that the update installer is inaccessible on the system.
This error can also strike if the QB user is attempting to get access to the company file on the system, and the computer may also freeze & even shut down due to this issue.
A reliable explanation regarding this error, along with suitable resolutions, has been given in this technical blog.
Looking for technical help to rectify QuickBooks Error 1612? Just dial 1.855.738.2784 to reach out to our QB Experts Team.
1612 Update Error in QuickBooks: Most Prominent Triggers
The 1612 Update Error in QuickBooks arises due to the factors explained as follows:
- Invalid or faulty Windows registry & improper installation of the QB Desktop application mostly provoke QB Error 1612.
- Problems in the company file on the system and malware attacks on program files & folders can also trigger this issue.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1723
Easy Resolutions to Correctly Tackle QB Desktop 1612 Update Error Message
The QB Desktop 1612 Update Error Message can be fully rooted out using the resolutions explained as follows:
Resolution 1: Ensure proper re-download of the ‘patch’ & repair the QB Desktop to easily resolve this issue
- First and foremost, you must properly re-download the ‘patch’ if it is not operating in a correct manner, and then you shall navigate to the ‘Share Download Folder’ to swiftly turn it off & on by carefully choosing the ‘Off-Save’ and the ‘On-Save’ options successively.
- Repeat the above step a few times and finally turn it on by choosing the ‘On’ and ‘Save’ options on the system’s screen, and then this technical glitch will get completely resolved.
- If, however, you find that the error has remained unresolved, then you can go to the ‘Control Panel’ to tap the ‘Add/Remove Program’ tab so that you can easily choose the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ icon on the on-screen list.
- By right-clicking on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ icon in that list, you must properly choose the ‘Uninstall/ Change’ tab, following which you can simply hit the ‘Repair’ button to get the QB Desktop repaired.
- Once the QB application has got fully repaired, you can comfortably reboot the system, after which you can update the QB Desktop as well as access the data file.
Resolution 2: Access & utilize the ‘System File Checker’ to correctly repair various QB files & components on the computer
- First of all, just access the ‘Run’ window on the computer’s screen by simply hitting the ‘Windows + R’ keys on the keyboard and then carefully write ‘cmd’ in the search box of the ‘Run’ window, following which you shall only need to tap the ‘Enter’ key.
- In the newly-opened ‘Command Prompt’ window, simply write ‘SFC/Scannow’ and then promptly click on the ‘Enter’ key so that the scanning process of the QB files & components begins immediately.
- As soon as the scan by the ‘System File Checker’ gets completed, you can simply reboot the system and then successfully obtain the newest QB Desktop updates.
Use these effective resolutions in the proper sequence to ensure the full eradication of QuickBooks Error 1612. For more technical help, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6155