Issues while installing the QuickBooks application can lead to QuickBooks error 1712. This is a common installation error that occurs while installing or updating QuickBooks. The error code can occur due to many reasons, like Windows registry issues. Once this error occurs, the installation process ends abruptly, causing a process failure. This can also happen when QuickBooks restoration is not possible due to damaged files. If you are encountering QuickBooks error code 1712, you can follow the steps given in this article to fix it conveniently.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
What Factors Trigger QuickBooks Installer Error 1712?
QuickBooks error message 1712 can occur due to the following possible factors –
- You are unable to install QuickBooks because there is already a version installed on your PC.
- Your Windows has registry issues that are causing the 1712 error.
- When you are not using your admin privileges while installing QuickBooks, it can cause errors.
- Your Windows OS version is not updated to the latest version and has become obsolete.
- There are issues with your QB program, and the program files might be corrupted.
You must read this blog : How to fix QuickBooks Error 12029
Address QuickBooks Desktop Error 1712 with Effective Steps
If you are getting the QB error code 1712, you can follow the solutions provided below to eliminate it –
Step 1 – Use the Quick Fix my Program Feature of the Tool Hub to Mend Program Issues
When there are issues with your QuickBooks program, it can lead to error code 1712 in QuickBooks. To fix this, you can run the quick fix tool from the tool hub in the following manner –
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and save it at an accessible location, followed by going through the on-screen steps to install it on your PC.
- Open the tool hub and select the Quick Fix my Program Tool from the Program Issues tab to fix program problems.
- Let the tool run a repair, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and check if you are able to perform the installation process.
Step 2 – Install the Latest Windows Updates and Run QuickBooks as an Admin
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your Windows OS is up-to-date and you are using your admin privileges to install QuickBooks.
- From the Windows Start menu, access the Control Panel and go to the Settings menu.
- Select Update and Security and click on the Windows Update option to check for the latest updates.
- Select the Check for Updates option and restart your PC once the updates are installed.
- Lastly, run your system as an admin and perform the QB installation process again to check the status of the 1712 error.
You can effectively dismiss QuickBooks error 1712 by using the steps provided in this blog. If the error code persists, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts.
You may also read this blog : Effective Prodecure to resolve QuickBooks Error PS038