When there are issues while initializing license properties, it can pose errors for QuickBooks users. One such error is the QuickBooks error 3371, which occurs when a user tries to activate QuickBooks on a different PC. This error code can arise due to many reasons, like missing or damaged QB files. The error prevents users from loading the license data and needs to be addressed on a priority basis. In this article, we will help you resolve QuickBooks error code 3371 by providing you with easy solutions.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our QB expert team.
Common Causes for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QB error code 3371 can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- The QBRegistration.dat file used to validate your license data is either damaged or corrupted.
- Essential Windows components, like the MSXML file, might be damaged or missing from the system.
- Your Windows OS version has become obsolete, and you need to upgrade it to the latest released version.
- An anti-virus or 3rd party program is causing a blockage, which is preventing QuickBooks from running.
- You are trying to import your company data without saving it first using the Web Connect feature.
- QuickBooks entitlement data file is not running correctly, and it might be missing from your system.
Recommended to read : Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed
How to Reliably Rectify QuickBooks Point of Sales Error 3371?
QuickBooks error message 3371 can be easily eliminated by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Repair the QBRegistration.dat File from the Task Manager
QuickBooks error 3371 could not initialize license properties can be effectively dismissed by repairing the dat file –
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys simultaneously.
- Access the Processes tab to search and right-click the QBW32.exe process, and click the End Process Tree option.
- Click OK and open the Run command window by pressing the Windows + R keys and use this location path – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8.
- Hit OK and find and delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, followed by clicking Yes to confirm.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks application and try running the operation to check the status of the 3371 error code.
Solution 2 – Repair the MSXML File by Registering and Downloading the MSI File
Issues with your MSXML file can lead to errors in QuickBooks, which can be easily fixed by repairing the file.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window to type CMD.exe in the text box.
- Right-click inside the CMD window to select the Run as Admin option and type cd\windows\syswow64, and run the command by pressing Enter.
- Now type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter to perform an MSXML registration, and once done, run QuickBooks again.
You can easily eliminate QuickBooks error 3371 by using the solutions provided in this article. If the issue persists, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 40001
[…] application is unable to load the license data or initialize the license properties, it can lead to QuickBooks error 3371. This error code can arise when the QB files are damaged and can be resolved by using the solutions […]