QB Desktop is bookkeeping software developed by Intuit and used by millions of business owners and entrepreneurs in the world. The software provides precise output and helps users oversee their finance. However, like any other software, internal glitches can appear anytime in QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 6000 83 indicates a company file error that develops when the software fails to open the file. If you also lose access to the financial data due to this error, keep reading further to learn about the triggers for this issue and the techniques to resolve it.
Avoid time-consuming procedures by taking the help of a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042 to rectify the issue.
The following conditions favour the development of this company file error in QuickBooks-
- Your company file is moved to a different location, and the changes aren’t updated in QuickBooks.
- The company file is unreadable due to damage from a virus attack or data corruption.
- Incorrect hosting settings in QuickBooks can also lead you to this error while accessing a company file.
Recommended to read : I am getting QuickBooks Error 15271
You can get your access to the company file back by executing the techniques given below-
Solution 1- Move the company file to its default location and fix the hosting settings
This error stops you from opening the company file when the software fails to find it in its default location. This can happen if the file is moved to a different location and the software still fetches it in its old location. You need to move the company file again to its original location to prevent any problems while opening it. Use these steps-
- Launch QuickBooks on your system and press F2.
- Note the company file’s location and open the folder using file explorer.
- Move the company file to C:\Users\User name\Documents\Intuit\QB Files.
After the company file is moved, you must check that the hosting settings are correct in your QuickBooks. This error can also forbid you from opening the company file if the multi-user network fails due to a workstation running in multi-user mode. Fix the QB hosting settings with these steps-
- Go to the workstation that developed this error and click File.
- Select Utilities and tap Stop hosting multi-user Access.
- Switch all the workstations to single-user mode using the same steps.
- Approach your server computer and click the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Go to Utilities and click Host multi-user access.
- Reboot all the systems and open the company file on the server computer in multi-user mode.
If the error comes up again while opening the data file, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Get rid of the issues using the QB tool hub
You can also face this error if the company file is damaged and the software fails to process it. Use the following steps to repair the file using the QB Tool hub-
- Approach the Company file issues menu in the QB tool hub.
- Click Quick
- fix my file and wait until the file is repaired. Reopen the file in QuickBooks.
The file will open without any problems after applying the methods listed above.
This blog focuses on the details of QuickBooks error 6000 83 that stops you from opening the company file. The methods to resolve the issue are also included in the blog, which you can apply to make your QuickBooks error less again.
If the error still causes trouble, consult a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042.
You may read also : How to fix QuickBooks Error 1402