QuickBooks Error 1327 is an installation error typically caused by a damaged system drive or by an abrupt disconnection from the system drive. Other factors responsible for this error can be a damaged windows registry or installing QuickBooks from a corrupted source. All other aspects of this error shall be dealt with in this blog. We shall also go through the various ways of resolving Error 1327 in QuickBooks.
Well, it should be noted that installed programs and their components are stored in the computer in places called drives. In Windows, all the system files and folders are usually stored in the C drive. You can find the list of drives available on the system by checking in My computer or this PC. Drives are actually the partitions of the computer’s memory, which is quite similar to dividing the space of a house into rooms. This error could be seen when the drive isn’t working properly.
QuickBooks Error 1327: Major Causes
- Installing QuickBooks on a portable storage device, such as an external hard drive.
- A corrupted Windows Registry may also lead to Error 1327.
- The CD from which QuickBooks is being installed may be corrupted or damaged.
- The user may be lacking the necessary administrator access to go with the QuickBooks installation process.
Technical Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1327: The Drive is Invalid
Check out these DIY solution steps to resolve the QuickBooks error message 1327:
Solution 1: Inspect Network Drive
- Start off by opening the Run window.
- Herein, type cmd and hit the Enter key.
- In the command prompt, type ‘PING’ and then press the Enter key.
- If no data loss shows during transmission it means that Error 1327 is not due to a network issue.
What are the Steps to configure the Network?
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the network adapter and then choose the option to Change Adapter Settings.
- After that, Select the Disable option.
- Now try out the installation of QuickBooks one more time.
- Re-enable each of the disabled adapters.
- Finally, try to install QuickBooks once again.
Solution 2: Disable and Enable .NET Framework
- Visit the Control Panel, and therein, open Programs and Features.
- Click on the option to turn Windows Features on or off.
- Choose MS.NET framework 3.5.1 checkbox and deactivate it.
- Click on Ok.
- Restart the PC and again open the Control Panel. This time around the user is required to re-enable the MS. NET Framework feature.
Solution 3: Reconnect the Network Drive
- Click on the Start menu.
- Head to the Network drive. Click on Tools and pick the option to Map Network Drive.
- Place a check mark beside the option to “Reconnect at login“.
- Restart the PC and try the QuickBooks installation once again. Hopefully, QuickBooks Install Error 1327 should be dealt with.
S 4: Configure the Windows Registry
- Access the Run Windows (Short key : Win + R)
- Within Run, type in “Regedit” and hit Enter.
- In the registry editor, locate the specific key:
- HKEY CURRENT USER/Software/MicrosoftWindows/CurrentVersion.
- The local drive C needs to be added in place of the other drive.
- Once done, try the QuickBooks installation again.
To Sum Up!!!
That brings us to the conclusion of this article. We have subsumed all the potential fixes to fix Error 1327 in QuickBooks within the purview of this brief blog. For QuickBooks error support, users can directly call our accounting professionals at the helpline 1-800-761-1787 for easy and effective resolution of their QB queries.
Read Also: neservicee.com