QuickBooks Desktop is increasingly being adopted as the most reliable & efficient accounting and bookkeeping application by small business units & several features of this software have proved to be very innovative for some complex accounting tasks.
Yet, many technical errors do trouble QB Desktop users & one of these highly frustrating error codes is ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’. Usually, this error message can manifest at the time of downloading fresh payroll updates & it is classified under the ‘PSXXX’ error series.
Here, in this blog, you shall extensively review the different reasons behind this error code along with suitable resolutions.
Are you presently distressed due to ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’? You can dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Technical Professionals Team.
Why Do Users Have to Occasionally Confront ‘PS036 Payroll Error Message in QB Desktop’?
Here’re the probable factors that can trigger the ‘PS036 Payroll Error Message in QB Desktop’:
- This error code primarily emerges due to an inaccurate payroll service key & an invalid payroll subscription on the user’s computer.
- Without having valid internet connection settings, you are likely to bump into this technical error message.
Recommended to read : Why QuickBooks Not Responding When Opening Company File
What Are the Precise Step-Wise Resolutions for ‘Payroll Error Code PS036 in QuickBooks’?
The highly effective step-wise resolutions for ‘Payroll Error Code PS036 in QuickBooks’ are detailed as follows:
Resolution 1: Accurately verify your payroll subscription details along with the service key number to eradicate this issue
- Here, you should instantly exit all the data files & then you have to swiftly approach the ‘Employees’ menu indicated within the ‘QB Desktop’ window on the system.
- After that, just choose the ‘My Payroll Service’ tab, following which you will need to easily click on the ‘Manage Service Key’ option displayed on the system’s screen.
- Next, you have to validate the ‘Service Name’ as well as ‘Status’ shown on the QB Desktop window & then you also have to ensure that the ‘Status’ is presently set as ‘Active’ on the same window.
- Just thereafter, move forward to utilize the ‘Edit’ button to modify the service key number as per your current requirement, and then you can go forward by choosing the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, correctly unmark the ‘Open Payroll Setup’ box, following which you can download and install fresh payroll service updates using the ‘Finish’ button on the window.
Resolution 2: Simply download & install the most recent QB Desktop updates on the computer to exterminate this issue
- In this resolution, the first accurate task is to jump to the ‘Help’ menu located on the QB Desktop window & then you need to easily hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ tab so that you can acquire the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window.
- Next, easily shift to the ‘Update Now’ menu present on the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window & then commence the download process for fresh QB Desktop updates through the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- Just after downloading the entire updates, you can re-open QB Desktop, following which the installation of fresh updates should be carried out by tapping the ‘Yes’ option.
- Finally, successfully acquire fresh payroll service updates using the updated QB Desktop application on the computer.
You have to use these resolutions very carefully in the order mentioned above to tackle ‘QuickBooks Error PS036’. For more technical help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Professionals Team.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error 1618