Intuit has provided many features to regular QB users to help them manage their business functions easily. One such feature is the multi-user hosting mode which helps multiple user access the company file from different workstations on the same network. But sometimes, there can be issues while activating the multi-hosting feature, which can lead to the QuickBooks multi user mode not working error. If you are getting the QuickBooks keeps opening in single user mode issue, you can follow the solutions provided in this article to fix it.
You can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB experts in case you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own.
Common Causes for the QuickBooks Multi-user Not Syncing Issue
If you cannot switch to multi-user mode, the following reasons might be responsible –
- You are trying to activate the multi-user mode on your workstation instead of the server PC.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction while running QuickBooks in the multi-user mode.
- The QuickBooks database server manager, which is essential for running the company file in multi-user mode, is inactive or not working.
- Incorrect Windows file permissions can also lead to hosting issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
- There are incorrect DNS settings on your system, or the DNS might be corrupt.
What to Do When QuickBooks Freezes when Switching to Multi-User Mode?
If you are unable to run QuickBooks in multi user mode, you can follow the solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Activate the Database Service from the QB Tool Hub
Issues with the multi-user mode can arise when the database service is not activated in QuickBooks. This problem can be eliminated by running the tool hub in the following manner –
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and agree to the terms & conditions to install it on your PC.
- Once installed, open the tool hub and go to the Network Issues tab to select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- Run the tool and select Start Scan to browse your company file, and scan the data for issues.
- Once the scan completes, repair the firewall permissions with the QDSM utility.
- Lastly, try rerunning QuickBooks in multi-user mode and check if the hosting issue is addressed.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6069
Solution 2 – Set Automatic Startup for your QuickBooks Services on the Server
Multi user hosting not working in QuickBooks Desktop enterprise can be fixed by settings the startup type as automatic.
- Access the Run window and type services.msc in the appeared box to find the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Set the startup type as Automatic and ensure that the service status appears as Running.
- From the Recovery tab, restart the service by selecting the First, Second, and Subsequent Failures.
- Hit Apply to end the process and repeat the same settings for the QBCFMonitorService.
You can use the solutions given in this blog to resolve the QuickBooks multi user mode not working issue. If the error persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6000 77