Error code PS038 was an error in the QuickBooks application that got repaired with the launch of QuickBooks 2018.
QuickBooks payroll update error PS038 prompts when a user attempts to send paychecks online, and the paychecks are stuck as “Online to send.” Payroll cannot be processed if there are paychecks stuck in the system, and thus rectifying the error becomes necessary. In this blog, we will be mentioning some of the easiest solutions that will help you to rectify this issue quickly.
If you can’t find the right solution to resolve the error, then our experts definitely can; all you need to do is give us a quick call at +18557380359
Quick Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038
The following solutions can help you in resolving Error PS038 while updating Payroll Error Quickly.
Know more:- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6130
Solution 1: Check and Find Paycheck Stuck as “Online to Send” to Rectify the Can’t Update Payroll PS038 Error
The very first solution is to check and locate stuck as online to send in the application to quickly rectify the error.
- First, under the Edit tab, select Find and choose Advanced.QuickBooks Find Option.
- Now under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list and select Detail Level then choose Summary Only.
- Next, under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list, and choose Online Status.
- Now from the drop-down list on the right-hand side, select Online to send.
- Lastly, tap on the Find button to check all the unsent paychecks and PS038 error payroll to end the process.
Solution 2: Verify the Information on Paychecks Stuck in QuickBooks to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038
Before implementing the steps mentioned below, follow the steps from the “Check and Find Paycheck Stuck as Online to Send” section to get the list of all the paychecks that are stuck in QuickBooks.
- Firstly access the first paycheck from the list and click the Paycheck Detail option.
- Once you get the Review Paycheck window, go to the Earnings tab, then look for the last item in the list and add it as a new item again.
- This will force QuickBooks to display a Net Pay Locked window where you need to click No to quit it.
- You will now need to select the Rate Field for the item you have just added in the fourth step.
- Also, ensure there are no changes in the Net Pay and taxes and click OK.
- Click Yes if the Past Transactions message pops up, then hit the Save & Close option and click Yes when the Recording Transactions message appears.
- Now re-open the paycheck and click the Paycheck Details button.
- Delete the item that was added in the fourth step, then once again, make sure there are no changes in the taxes and Net Pay and click OK.
- Finally, click Save & Close to save the changes and implement the same instructions for each paycheck.
Solution 3: After updating QuickBooks, try Sending Payroll:
The last resort is to update the QuickBooks to the latest available version to resolve this error.
- First, tap on My Payroll Services under the Employees tab and then click Send Usage Data.QuickBooks My Payroll Services.
- Now if you can send data successfully, then update the Payroll again.
Read more:- How to fix QuickBooks Error 6069
We hope this guide helped you in resolving this issue. However, there is always a possibility of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038 appearing again. In such a case, all you need to do is give us a quick call at tel:+1.855.738.0359 and we will immediately help you.