If you are experiencing a sluggish performance in QuickBooks or the application is freezing, you might be encountering the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. This issue can arise out of nowhere and can be a little overwhelming to tackle. If you are encountering QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error, there might be some issues with your program files. This error code can disrupt the normal functioning of the application and needs to be addressed immediately. In this article, we will provide you with the reasons and solutions to eliminate this error code once and for all.
If you are having trouble resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical support team.
Common Causes for QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code
The unrecoverable error in QuickBooks can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- You are trying to open the company file on your workstation in single-user mode.
- You are trying to print, email, or save a PDF that is bulky or large in size.
- There are issues while chaining targets or using the rebuild tool in QuickBooks.
- The company file you are trying to access contains corrupted data or is damaged.
- You are trying to view a reconciliation statement or prior report that is damaged.
- Your Windows or QuickBooks application is missing essential updates and needs to be updated.
- There are data integrity issues with your QB company file, which need to be fixed.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Not Updating
Reliable Methods for Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error
QB unrecoverable error code can be easily eliminated by performing the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Copy the Data File to a New Location on your Desktop
You can try changing the company file location and accessing it from a new place to avoid getting errors.
- Open your company file folder and use the Locate or Search option to find the QBW file.
- Copy the file and save it on your Desktop, followed by launching QuickBooks.
- Hold the Ctrl key until the application displays the No Company Open window.
- Select Open and go to the file you copied to your Desktop to access it in the application.
- Lastly, check the status of the unrecoverable error code by trying to work on the company file.
Step 2 – Use the ADR Tool to Open a Sample Company File
Another way to resolve QuickBooks unrecoverable error message is to utilize the ADR tool to access a sample company file.
- If you are able to open the sample company file, then the company file might be damaged or the folder path saved is corrupted.
- You can use a recent backup or ADR to restore the file and carry out basic data damage -fixing steps to fix the issues.
- Open the sample company file from the No Company Open window by selecting the Open a Sample File option.
QuickBooks unrecoverable error can be reliably eliminated by following the solutions given in this blog. If the error persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QB experts.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12157