QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software that is used by millions of small and mid-sized business owners across the globe. Sometimes, in the process of downloading the software, users may experience QuickBooks install Error 1603 Issue. An installation error may prompt this error code. Error 1603 in the QuickBooks results from problems in Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows, a crucial component to install QuickBooks. If you see an error message, “Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework.” First, you must repair NET Framework using Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1603. This article has mentioned some of the easiest solutions to rectify QuickBooks error code 1603.
Do not ignore QuickBooks error 1603, this error needs immediate resolution, and our technical team can definitely provide it to you. Just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.quickbooks error msi returned 1603
Easy Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Install Error 1603
You can implement the following solutions carefully to rectify QuickBooks desktop error 1603.
Solution 1:Download QuickBooks Desktop in Windows Safe Mode
Downloading QuickBooks desktop in Windows safe mode is one of the common ways through which you can rectify QuickBooks error message 1603.
- First, you need to press Windows + R key to get the Run command prompt.
- Type MSConfig in the text box and tap on Enter.
- Now head to the Boot tab and choose the Safe Mode option.
- Next, press Apply and OK to save the changes and restart your Windows.
- Now Windows will start in safe mode; install QuickBooks Desktop now, and complete the product registration process.
- Next, navigate to the MSConfig utility once again and uncheck the Safe Mode option.
- Further press Apply and OK to save the settings and restart your Windows in normal mode.
- Lastly, you must run QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
Recommended to read:- QuickBooks company file access error 6000 1074
Solution 2:Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup Mode to Eliminate the Error
If a third-party software like antivirus is behind the QuickBooks error msi returned 1603, implement the following steps to fix the issue:
- Start with creating a backup of your files and safeguard the data in a different location.
- Also, you need to keep your product key and license information with you.
- Now, shut the system down and then restart it again in the Selective Startup mode.
- Head to the Run window by hitting Windows + R and entering in MSconfig.
- Next, from the window opening on the screen, navigate to the General tab.
- Here, tap on the Selective Startup option > Load System Services option and choose to Hide all the MS Services > Disable all.
- Now go to the hide all the Microsoft services option again to remove the tick mark against the box.
- However, you must ensure a check mark against the Windows Installer option.
- Further, tap on OK and reboot the system to apply the changes.
- Lastly, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from your system and end by switching to Normal Startup mode.
Solution 3:Manually Change Windows Security Settings to Rectify the Error
Windows comprises some specific policies that can stop users from downloading and installing updates of third-party applications. Making changes to the Windows Local Group Policies can help resolve the error, and the following are the steps to do so:
- First, the users needs to sign in to their PC as an administrator, and if you don’t have access to the Windows Administrator account, ask your IT experts for help.
- Now hit Windows + R to get the Run dialogue box and enter gpedit. msc in the text box.
- Next, tap on Enter and move to the Administrative Templates section within the Computer Configuration section.
- Head to Windows Components > Windows Installer > Prohibits User Installs.
- Now double-click the policy to modify it and check-mark the Not Configured option.
- Lastly, tap on OK and attempt to reinstall QuickBooks now.
We understand it is quite annoying to encounter QuickBooks Install Error 1603 Issue, and to help you to rectify it, our experts curated this blog. However, if the steps mentioned in this article don’t help, our technical team will definitely dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
You may additionally learn:- How to Fix QuickBooks error message 6210