Sometimes QuickBooks data can get damaged due to minor glitches in the application. In such a case, the user can run the Verify and Rebuild data utility to mend the damage. But when there are issues running this utility, it can lead to QuickBooks error 213. The error code can arise due to many possible reasons, like encountering duplicate names. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 213, you can use the solutions given below to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.
Possible Triggers behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 213
QuickBooks error message 213 can occur due to the following common scenarios –
- There are issues with the QBWin.log file, and the file might be damaged or corrupted.
- Various lists required for data management, like the customer and vendor lists, are facing some entry issues.
- There are duplicate entries in the accounts list of data, which is causing data damage.
- You are trying to import the transactions and lists from another application or a different company file, which is causing data discrepancies.
- There are issues with the verify data utility, and the feature is not running correctly.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks script error
How to Eradicate the Duplicate Name Encountered Error in QuickBooks?
Error code 213 in QuickBooks Desktop can be easily rectified by following the solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Detect the Duplicate Entries to Remove them from the Log File
You need to get rid of the duplicate entries from the QBW log file to address the QuickBooks rebuild error 213.
- Press the Ctrl + Endkeys and go to the bottom of the QBW log file to find the double entries.
- Now, press the Ctrl + Fkeys to open the Find tab and enter Duplicate in the Find
- Double-click one of the duplicate entries to rename it and repeat the same steps to find & remove all the double entries from the list files.
- Lastly, run the Verify Data utility from the Utilitiesdrop-down menu to ensure that there are no duplicate entries left and the 213 error is rectified.
Solution 2 – Access the Log File from the QB Application’s Product Information Window
To access the log file correctly, you need to open it within the QB application in the following manner.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktopapplication and press the F2 key to access the QB Product Information
- Press F3for the Tech Help window and select the log file from the Open File menu.
- You can also navigate to the Cdrive and follow this file path: Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit \QuickBooks\log \XXX\ folder to find the QBWin.log file.
- In the end, double-click and open the log fileon your system to check if the log file issues are dismissed.
QuickBooks error 213 can be reliably resolved by using the solutions given in this blog. If the error remains unresolved, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get direct assistance from our support team.
Also read: Accurate Troubleshooting Guide for QuickBooks Error 6144 82