QuickBooks users can print their essential data in PDF form to access them physically or keep a record. But sometimes, there can be issues while using the printing feature in QuickBooks, which can lead to QuickBooks missing PDF component error. This issue can arise due to many reasons, including an outdated QuickBooks Desktop. If you are getting the component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is missing issue, you can follow the solutions provided in this article to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our support team.
What Leads to QuickBooks Component required for PDF Print Error Message?
QuickBooks component required error can arise due to the following possible reasons –
- The Adobe Reader application in your system is damaged, missing, or outdated, and you need to upgrade it to access it successfully.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application has become outdated, and you need to update it to the latest release.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer is turned off, and you need to modify the Windows settings to activate it.
- There are issues with your Windows OS files, or the OS version has become obsolete.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15102
Ways to Eliminate QuickBooks PDF Component Missing Issue
QuickBooks missing component email can be easily resolved by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Update your Adobe Reader Application and Repair the Program Issues
You need to fix the issues with your adobe reader to run the PDF printing tool correctly.
- Click the Windows Start button on your desktop and search for Adobe from the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Select Adobe Reader from the top of the list and click on Check for Updates from the Help menu.
- Manually you can visit Adobe Product Download Page to download the setup file for installation and follow the on-screen instructions given in the Adobe Installation Guide.
- Next, exit all the open windows and web browsers on your computer and go to the Run window.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run window text box and double-click Adobe Reader from the list of programs, followed by selecting Uninstall / Change.
- Click Next and then Repair to select the Uninstall option for the Adobe Reader.
- Click Finish after the installation and restart Windows to access QuickBooks and check the status of the missing PDF issue.
Solution 2 – Activate the XPS Document Writer from the Run Window
You need to activate the XPS document writer to dismiss the cannot print PDF invoices in QuickBooks issue.
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run window to access the Windows features.
- From the left side panel, select the Turn Windows Features On or Off option and checkmark the Microsoft XPS Document Writer option.
You can easily remove QuickBooks missing PDF component issue by performing the steps provided in this article. If the issue remains unresolved, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.