Linksys velop Mesh wifi extender that can cover every area of the home thanks to the multi-satellite. Two methods can be used to configure the Linksys Mesh Extender for use. These are web-based and smartphone-based methods.
Using the web-based setup wizard can make setting up your network much easier than using the smartphone method, which would require you to download the Linksys app on your phone. Additionally, you can always use the WPS setup method to configure your Linksys Mesh Extender Setup.
Steps to Setup Linksys Velop Mesh wifi extender:
- You should take out your phone or tablet.
- Go to the Apple Store or your Play Store and download the Velop app
- Before you start with setup, make sure your Linksys Velop mesh extender is completely plugged in and powered on.
- Search for the launch setup option at the bottom of the Linksys Velop app once you are there.
- In order to function, Linksys will ask for permission to use location information. Allow must be chosen.
- When the app asks you which device you want to install, choose Velop from the list of options.
- To complete the Linksys Velop mesh wifi extender setup, you must now adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Setting Linksys Velop Mesh Using a Smartphone
First off, remove your primary Wi-Fi router before connecting the Linksys extender to the outlet.
- Connect the node’s internet port to the main Wi-Fi extender.
- Connect the node and the main Wi-Fi to the outlet. Keep an eye on the node until the LED turns purple.
- Launch the Linksys app and select Set up a New Wi-Fi Network as soon as the node’s light turns purple.
- Look over the Terms and Conditions, then select Agree.
- You will be prompted to select the type of device that you are configuring. Select VELOP from the menu.
- Attach to your node, then select It’s Plugged In from the menu.
- Place the desired node there and select Next.
- Follow all on-screen instructions, then click It’s Connected.
Your Linksys velop mesh wifi extender is ready for the setup
Setting Linksys Velop Mesh Using Computer/laptop
Linksys velop extenders function by connecting to the router through the LAN Ethernet connection, like Linksys Mesh Extender.
Upon having the required hardware and network credentials As soon as you have these credentials, you can start configuring. Here are some steps you can follow:
- To connect your Linksys Velop wifi extender device to a computer electronically, use an Ethernet cable.
- In your Linksys Mesh Extender Setup, attach one end of the cable to the computer and the other to the LAN port.
- Look under the control panel for “Network.” Select “Network” from the control panel, then give your computer a static IP address.
- On the internet-connected computer, launch the web browser.
- Enter the default IP address or web address in the browser’s URL field.
- Your Linksys Velop mesh wifi extender login page will appear after you press the Enter key..
- You can enter your standard username, password, and username into the appropriate fields once the login window has opened.
- To access the management web page for your Linksys Velop Wi-Fi extender device, click the login button.
- You can follow the online instructions to continue with and finish the network settings once you are on the Linksys Mesh Extender Setup wizard.
Setup Linksys Mesh Extender Using WPS
It is also possible to set up the Linksys velop Mesh wifi Extender without a computer or app. To finish the setup procedure, you can employ the WPS connection method. It will be simpler for you to complete the WPS connection process if your primary router has WPS functionality.
Follow the steps below to set up a Linksys extender using the WPS method.
1.Plugin your Linksys Mesh Extender into a power socket.
2.Press the WPS button on the Linksys Velop Mesh router.
3.Moreover, press the WPS button on your current router which is identical to the one on the extender
4.That’s how you can install your Linksys Velop Wifi extender using the WPS method.
Linksys Velop Mesh ExtenderTroubleshooting Guide
If you’re having difficulties configuring a Linksys velop mesh wifi extender, consider sticking to the factory default settings.
There are a few other possible issues that could cause problems when setting up a Linksys velop extender:
- The mesh extender is not properly configured or is not compatible with your router.
- The firmware on the extender or router is out of date.
- There are too many walls or other obstructions between the extender and router.
- There are other devices in the area that are causing interference with the extender’s signal.
- The extender’s antennas are not positioned properly.
You can try the following solutions to troubleshoot these problems:
- Make sure that the extender is properly configured and that it is compatible with your router.
- Check to see if there are any updates available for the linksys mesh extender’s firmware and install them if necessary.
- Move the extender closer to the router to reduce the number of walls and other obstructions between the two devices.
- Turn off any other devices that may be causing interference, such as cordless phones or other wireless devices.
- Make sure that the extender’s antennas are pointed in the right direction.