If you have been using QuickBooks for quite some time, you must already be aware of how important the payroll feature of the software is. It not only streamlines your balance sheet but also helps in checking the inventory and a lot of other things. But QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 is a critical problem that bars you from updating your payroll.
First you will not be able to download the recent updates of payroll and in some time a lot of features will be inaccessible. Many times, when you change the users mode then this problem can be faced. And in other cases, your QB is unable to map the file location. Whatever be the case, you need to fix the root cause and get rid of QB error 15102.
Trigger points of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
To bottleneck the trigger points of this error, you will have to carefully assess the situation. This will make your situation better; so here are some common causes of this issue.
- When you have been using the multi-user mode on QB desktop in a terminal service environment.
- If you are trying to access a file which QB is unable to map; then also you might get this issue on your desktop.
- Also, when you are not logged in using the admin credentials; this is also a case when QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 will happen on your device.
You may additionally learn: chase :- Quicken Window Has Sopped Working
Solution: Make sure that the mapped file location is correct
Whenever you try to access a file whose location isn’t mapped- this can lead to the QB error code 15102. In such cases you will have to follow these steps and eliminate the problem.
- Start the solution by pressing “CTRL+ 1” on your keyboard. There will be a mapped path window that opens. Note it down somewhere.
- Next, you will have to click on “Help” and then “update Quickbooks.”
- After this, the next step is to select the “options tab” and make sure that the download location is correct.
- Ensure that the download location drive and one that you see on the product info page are the same. There shouldn’t be a mismatch in these drives.
- And then you will have to click on the “Yes” button from the window.
- Make sure the download location of your directory also remains same as that of QB desktop installation directory. Once you have shared this, select “No.”
- After this, you will have to click on the “Save” button and then close the Quickbooks Desktop.
- Reboot the system and then try to download the tax tables once again.
This is one of the easiest and quickest solutions to fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102. If you are unable to follow the steps given above or have difficulty in executing the solution; we suggest you connect to one of our tech members. Either drop a message on our chat or call on the number of our website.
In both cases immediate help will be given to you as per your convenience. So that you do not have to spend time figuring out things.
Check on my website:- QuickBooks payroll update error 12002