Regular QuickBooks users face errors and glitches from time to time. Some of these errors are easy to identify, while others might be a little tricky. One of the most common errors is the QuickBooks error H202, which arises while opening or working on the company file. This error code can occur due to many possible reasons, like an incorrect setup configuration. The issue prevents users from working on their company files and needs to be addressed immediately. In this blog, we will provide you with the steps to address QuickBooks error code H202 once and for all.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our support team.
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202: Possible Reasons
If you are encountering QuickBooks error message H202, the following possible reasons might be causing it –
- Issues with QuickBooks multi-user mode are one of the most apparent reasons for the H202 error.
- You are trying to access the company file which is already being accessed by another user in a single-user mode.
- The hosting configuration is incorrect, or network settings need to be modified.
- The QuickBooks database service required to run the application in multi-user mode is inactive or turned off.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted, or the file path might have changed.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and blocking QuickBooks from accessing the company file on the network.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Effective Methods to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error H202
QuickBooks multi-user error H202 can be easily resolved by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Restart the QB Database Service to Mend Network Glitches
The database server in QuickBooks can be used to establish a connection with the company file in a multi-user mode. You can run the utility to fix QB error code H202 in the following manner –
- Download the tool hub setup file from Intuit’s official website and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Once installed, run the tool hub to access the Network Issues tab and select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- Run the service to detect the network issues and click on Start Scan to initiate the scanning process.
- Browse your company file, and do not close the window until the scan process is complete.
- Once the scan ends, rerun QuickBooks and connect with the QB company file to check if the issue is dismissed.
Solution 2 – Run the CMD Command to Ping your Host Server from the Workstation
You can try to connect to your host PC by pinging it from the workstation and running the CMD command.
- From the Windows Start menu of your host device, select the Run window and type CMD in the appeared text box.
- Run the command, and when a black window appears, type ipconfig/all on the screen to perform the configuration.
- Locate your hostname from the Windows IP Configuration section and make a note of it.
- Open the Run window on one of your workstations and type ‘ping [your server name]’ in the appeared box, followed by hitting Enter.
- Lastly, perform this step on all your workstations and rerun QuickBooks to check if the file issue is removed.
You can easily eliminate QuickBooks error H202 by using the solutions provided in this article. If the error code remains unresolved, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get professional assistance from our QB experts.
You may read also : QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed