QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that carries out monetary transactions through the bank account of users. The software can also download the transactions and let users work on their banking data. But due to many factors other than the software, QuickBooks Error 179 can develop, causing the connection to the bank to break and will not allow connecting to the bank servers until it is fixed. If you also faced this error while working on financial data or downloading bank transactions, this blog will help you determine the conditions that can provoke this error and the practical ways to remove it from your system.
A QB expert can be approached at 1.855.738.2784 to help you eliminate this issue.
The possible reasons for the development of this QuickBooks error are given below-
- Internet speed on your system is too low, causing lapses in the connection to the bank website.
- The file you are using to access your banking data has been damaged and has become unreadable for the software.
- The bank servers are not responding to the requests made by QuickBooks.
You can fix the issue by executing the methods given below-
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error PS036
Solution 1- Check the Internet speed on your system and take the required action
QuickBooks must be constantly connected to the internet when downloading bank transactions or working on your bank data. If this connection breaks, the ongoing processes will stop instantly, and error codes will appear on your screen. You must ensure that the internet connection speed on your system is suitable for running QuickBooks. Use these steps-
- Visit Google on your web browser and type ‘Internet speed test’ in the search bar.
- Click on Google search and tap the topmost link in the search results.
- Let the speed test finish and check if the internet speed provided by your network connection is in accordance with QB requirements of 3Mbbos average and 1.5mbps minimum.
It would be best to upgrade your network connection by switching to a wired connection or changing your service provider. A bad internet connection can affect other applications on your PC too. QuickBooks will also develop recurring issues until you fix the network connection.
Solution 2- Download the transactions file in .qbo format
The software will also fall prey to this error if the bank file gets damaged by a virus attack on your system data or corruption in the files. The software will develop this error whenever the software tries to process the damaged file and fails to do so. You must download the file again from the bank website as given in the steps below-
- Use a web browser to visit the official website of your bank.
- Sign in using your user credentials.
- Download the transactions again in .qbo format.
- Try using this file in QuickBooks.
The issue will be fixed, and you’ll face no problems connecting to your bank.
We are now at the end of this blog discussing the causes of QuickBooks Error 179. You also read about the practical techniques to fix this error which we expect you to use and make your QuickBooks error free again.
Speak to a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 to sort out your remaining queries.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4
[…] QuickBooks Error 179 doesn’t let you download the bank transactions and access the bank data if the network connection suffers from issues or the bank servers stop responding to the software commands. The easiest methods to eliminate this issue are present in the linked blog, or a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 can help you troubleshoot. […]