QuickBooks users often encounter errors from the 6xxx series when working with company files in QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks Error code 6190, 816. Resolving this error is crucial to prevent any potential issues in your accounting data. In this article, we will explore the several causes behind this error and provide multiple solutions that shall help you in easily fixing QuickBooks Error 6190, 816.
You might get the following error message on your desktop screen:
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 6190, 816?
Some common factors behind this company file error are:
- Discrepancies between the company file and .TLG files.
- Multiple users accessing a company file simultaneously in single-user mode.
- A damaged Company file.
- Saving the company file in a read-only folder.
- Important QuickBooks files got corrupted.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
This section shall delve into the various methods for rectifying this company file error in QuickBooks. So, keep reading.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
The first practicable method for fixing this company file error is to conform to the QuickBooks File Doctor. Adhere to the steps given below:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from Intuit’s official website.
- Install the tool and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the “Company File Issues” option.
- Choose the “Run QBFD” option and select the company file.
- Enter the correct QuickBooks login and admin password details.
- Click “Next” and restart QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved.
Method 2: Utilize the Quick Fix My Program Feature
One of the many features in the QuickBooks File Doctor is the Quick Fix Program Feature. The feature can be used by performing the below given steps:
- Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run the Tool Hub and go to the “Program Problems” tab.
- Select “Quick Fix My Program” to scan and fix QB-related issues, including Error 6190, 816.
- After completion, try opening the QuickBooks company file to see if the error is resolved.
Method 3: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
Renaming the Network and Transaction log Files can also help in the easy resolution of this error. The steps for the same are:
- Open the Windows File Manager and navigate to: “Drive: Users/Public/Public Documents/Intuit/QuickBooks.”
- Locate files with .TLG and .ND extensions in the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on each file, select “Rename,” and add “.OLD” at the end of the filename.
- Launch QuickBooks and check if Error 6190 persists when opening company files.
Method 4: Move the Company File to the Local System
- Copy the company file from its current location (Ctrl + C) and paste it on the local desktop (Ctrl + V keys).
- Now, enter QuickBooks login details.
- Try opening the company file again.
Method 5: Perform Windows Update
- Click the Start button.
- Search for “Update.”
- Open Windows Update and select “Check for Updates.”
- Download and install any available updates, then restart your computer.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and try opening the company file again.
If you continue to experience QuickBooks Error 6190, 816, please contact our licensed QuickBooks desktop error support specialists at the helpline 1-800-615-2347. Our dedicated team is available round the clock to assist you with any inquiries.