Getting QuickBooks error 1310 while installing or updating in is one of the most common errors. QuickBooks users usually encounter this error if there is any damage in the installation file. Having problems installing or updating and getting code ? One of the most frequent mistakes in is . Users of frequently get this problem if the installation file is damaged. If you do not have any storage in your device, you might see the message popping up on your screen. Not having proper folder access permission could also be one of the reasons for this error. Instead, let us learn to deal with the “error 1310 during installation” on our own.
Do not worry if you need more time to read the blog till last. We have our customer support team. They can help in eliminating the QuickBooks error 1310. Call us on 1-855-856-0042, and we will happily serve your queries.
Symptoms of the error 1310 in QuickBooks
- The QuickBooks error message will get displayed on the screen, and the screen will crash abruptly
- You will not be able to update or install your QuickBooks
- The system will freeze for a few seconds
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 181016
Solutions to deal with the QuickBooks error 1310
Getting through the QB desktop 1310 takes little time. So you can do the process yourself and get back to working on QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Assign full administrator access
- Head to the windows start menu and search for all programs
- Select accessories
- To select run as administrator right, click on the command prompt
- Write icacls “C:\Config.Msi”/T/C/grant administrators:F in the command window
- Click on enter
- Exist the command prompt and try installing QuickBooks
Move to other solutions if the first one didn’t work well in removing the error.
Solution 2: Try registering the Microsoft windows installer again
- Look for the windows start menu
- In the search field, write msiexec/unreg
- Click on enter
- Head to the windows start menu
- Type msiexec/regserver
- Again press enter
- Try installing your QuickBooks now
Solution 3: Change user account settings
- Make sure to login into your windows
- Switch off your UAC
- Restart your pc
- Now try installing or updating QuickBooks
- Switch on turn UAC
- It will be helpful if you restart your computer once more
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Download tool hub
- Complete installing it by moving with instructions
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Complete the installation
- Open QB tool hub
- Look for install diagnostic tool
- And run it
- Restart your computer
- Try installing or upgrading QuickBooks
You can also download the install diagnostic tool and rub it directly. The tool might take around 15-20 minutes to complete the repair. Updating your QuickBooks from time to time helps in avoiding many such errors. Also, keep the QuickBooks tool hub installed in your system.
Concluding it here!
We hope you can efficiently resolve the QuickBooks error 1310 by following the solutions given above, In case you want any help or assistance related to your QuickBooks queries. You can dial us at 1-855-856-0042. We have a group of experts who can help you solve the errors without interruption on your QuickBooks.