QuickBooks is an accounting software that many businesses rely on to manage their finances. However, you may encounter errors such as the QuickBooks error H505. That can prevent you from accessing the company file. This error occurs when QuickBooks Desktop is unable to establish a connection with the company file on another computer. It can be frustrating for users who need to access the file to complete their work.
This error can be caused by various factors, such as incorrect settings in the hosting computer, incorrect DNS settings, or firewall settings blocking communication. While experiencing this problem; you might also get a warning pop-up stating the error code and description. So, let’s have a look at the best solution that can help in fixing QuickBooks error code h505.
What are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code H505?
Here are some signs and symptoms that users may experience when they encounter the QuickBooks error code H505. You just need to determine which of these is causing the problem in your system.
- You are unable to access the company file on the server computer from a workstation.
- The error message “Error H505: QuickBooks is unable to open this company file on the host computer” is displayed on the screen.
- You are unable to switch to multi-user mode. This is also one of the signs showing the error.
- QuickBooks freezes or crashes when the user tries to access the company file.
- The workstation computer takes longer than usual to open the company file.
- The user is unable to send or receive data from the company file.
Know more:- How to fix QuickBooks Pro Hosting
Solution: Try resolving it by using “Check the services on server”
When you check and ensure that the QB services are not creating a problem; you can fix the error H505 in QB. You will have to also check whether the services are set on automatic startup type.
- On the server computer, click the “Windows Start button” and type “services.msc” in the search field. Then you will have to press the “Enter button.”
- In the Services window, scroll down and locate the following services:
- QuickBooksDBXX (XX represents the version number of QuickBooks Desktop)
- QuickBooksDBXX (QBCFMonitorService) (XX represents the version number of QuickBooks Desktop)
- Right-click on each of these services and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Check the Service status. If the status is Stopped, click the Start button to start the service.
- Click “OK” to save the changes and close the Properties window.
- Repeat the steps above for both services.
Read more:- How to resolve QuickBooks payroll update error ps038
QB error code H505 can be a frustrating issue. If you need to access your company file it becomes very difficult. However, by following the steps we have provided, you can successfully fix the error. These steps include verifying the hosting settings, creating inbound and outbound rules in the firewall, and editing the host’s file.
By identifying the cause of the error and following the appropriate steps to fix it, users can access their company files and continue managing their finances efficiently. Or you can take the help from our experts. Just call us at +18557380359 and get all the help you require.