One of the most common installation errors in the QuickBooks application, QuickBooks error 6010 100 arises when there are issues in performing the process. This error code can be a result of many possible causes, like network problems or firewall obstruction. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 6010 100, Error 6010 100 in QuickBooks occurs when a process cannot be completed properly. There are a number of potential causes for this error code.you need to resolve it immediately to access the application correctly. In this article, we will help you eliminate the issue with the help of some easy solutions.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team.
Common Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010 100
QuickBooks error message 6010 100 can arise due to the following possible causes –
- There are issues with the network data file, which connects QuickBooks to its log files.
- There is some anti-virus application installed in your system, which is preventing users from performing the installation process.
- Essential QuickBooks registry files are missing from your system or are accidentally deleted.
- You do not have adequate permissions to run the installation process, or you are not using your admin privileges.
- The company file you are trying to access is not saved on the server PC, which is causing an access failure.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks won’t open
How to Easily Eradicate QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 100?
QB error code 6010 100 can be effectively tackled by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – End the QB Processes as a Windows Admin
You need to end the QB processes to remove any minor glitches that may be leading to the error code 6010 100 in QuickBooks. For this, you need to run the application as an admin and perform the following steps –
- Log in to the PC using administrative credentials and launch the Task Manager by holding the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together.
- Select the Users option and click the Processes named qbupdate.exe, QBDBM.exe, and QBW32.exe.
- Choose each of them to right-click them and opt for the End Task option.
- Once done, open the company file to check the status of the 6010 100 error code.
Solution 2 – Access the No Company Open Window to Open the QBW File
You can try to access the QBW file by activating the No Company Open window and pasting it.
- Open the folder where you have stored the company file and find files with the .QBW extension.
- Now, right-click this file and choose the option Copy or Ctrl +C to paste this file (Ctrl + V), and hold the Ctrl key to open QuickBooks.
- Once the No Company Open window pops up, tap the icon that says Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- End by installing QuickBooks or launching the company file to check if the error is fixed.
QuickBooks error 6010 100 can be reliably addressed using the solutions given in this blog. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our support team.